GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

My car is only approaching 26k miles, but it's 4 years old. Schedule?

Wondering if I should move any maintenance items up just due to time, even though my mileage per year has been pretty low to this point. The only things that have really been touched on the car is the oil and battery. Should I be looking into spark plugs yet or anything like that?
  2. C

My car won't lock.

I have KESSY and my car just stopped locking today. The buttons on the handles do nothing, and the keyfob does nothing. I don't even get a flash of the yellows to tell me that a door is open or anything like that. Is there a fuse for the system that may be dead or something?
  3. C

Presidential/Political Discussion Thread

Divided government: The less it can do, the less it can fuck up
  4. C

Awesome! How many brown people can we drone strike in another 4 years? :thumbup:
  5. C

According to the current BBC totals: 57,953,121 Americans (Obama + Romney combined) have so far voted in support of extrajudicial assassinations, undeclared wars, and indefinite detention without charges. Land of the Free, indeed. :cool:
  6. C

iPad Mini...worst device ever?

Sounds like your own fault for buying DRM-infested files.
  7. C

Millions are going out today to vote for either a murderer or a guy who will continue the murderer's policies. I voted Libertarian.
  8. C

Suzuki gone

Mitsu could probably partner with another company to sell Evolutions in their showroom. Everything else they offer is fairly worthless.
  9. C

Suzuki gone

They refused to bring the Swift to the US market and let their only decent US model die on the vine. No big loss. :iono:
  10. C

Hyundai i30 RS - Rumor has it that it's gonna compete with the GTI??

If it's the same 1.6T as in the Veloster Turbo, that thing is already running 18psi from the factory to make that 200bhp. Tuning = lolno :laugh:
  11. C

Hyundai/Kia Overstates MPG ratings - Affected Vehicle Owners to be Compensated

Anyone remember in 2004-ish when SAE standard changes kicked Honda in the balls and forced them to revise their overstated power numbers? This is why I don't buy from the far east. :thumbsup:
  12. C

2015 Civic TypeR - 250hp - 8spd dual clutch

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of these cars with smaller engines, like the Veloster Turbo, are running 17-18psi of boost straight out of the factory. Those things have NOWHERE to go as far as tuning.
  13. C

2015 Civic TypeR - 250hp - 8spd dual clutch

Why? I wish I had an extra gear or two in my DSG for highway cruising...
  14. C

Will Chevy respond to the Focus ST?

Still a rebadged Holden Commodore, like the G8.
  15. C

I'm no defender of American cars, but referencing Top Gear for anything immediately destroys your credibility. Top Gear is fiction in every sense of the word.
  16. C

There's been talk off-and-on about a Buick Verano hatchback. That's probably the best chance we have.
  17. C

Windows 8 on the way for me

From the perspective of a Windows Sysadmin, there are some nice new features in Server 2012. The consumer Windows 8, though, is completely and utterly useless. Just Windows 7 with a much worse GUI. I won't be upgrading.
  18. C

2013 Dodge Challenger Supercharged

The sort of people who would consider dropping $45+ on a shoddily-built Chrysler on an ancient chassis in the first place. If a buyer walks into a Dodge showroom and even gets as far as the fuel economy on one of these things, they're not thinking practically.
  19. C

2013 Dodge Challenger Supercharged

Maybe Chrysler is finally learning after the thrashing they took over constantly saddling their V8s with that shitty 5-speed auto!