GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Bialosky

Two strange symptoms after collision

Two weeks ago I got hit making a left turn. Combined impact speed must have been about 25mph and from what I could tell it was just significant cosmetic damage to the front passenger side fender, bumper, light and hood. Basically everything up front is being replaced and refinished but the...
  2. Bialosky

European vs. US Golf R Front Bumper Cover

So I'm trying to obtain a Golf R Front Bumper Cover – before the Nov. 9th back order date on ECS's website – which I'll be installing it on a Mk6 GTI. Consequently I'm trying to get one through my dealer. However, according to ECS, the VW Part # they list for it corresponds to the European Golf...
  3. Bialosky

DSG clunk @ 1500rpm in second gear once per engine start

I know there are a thousand topics related to clunking noises produced by our friend the DSG, but I've not been able to find any posts related to this symptom. I'm in a '12 DSG with 9K miles. After starting the engine and putting it into normal 'D' mode and accelerating, when I get into 2nd...
  4. Bialosky

Bumper plugs + Xpel?

Like a dork I had Xpel film installed on the front of my Mk6 before shaving the bumper and consequently began using Bumper Plugs on the five holes from the plate bracket. They've worked wonderfully until a few days ago when after our first freeze in Missouri I went out to discover the paint...
  5. Bialosky

What are these black caps on the pipes beneath the coolant tank?

Woo, first post! I've had my '12 GTI for a couple of months and have been lurking for about the same length of time. Tonight my car did something it's never done before. It's been hot in St. Louis; over 100 the past two days. On the way home tonight (about a 45 min drive) I did a few quick runs...