GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

No vacuum reaching the intake manifold runner flaps

Did you ever figure this out? I’m looking at the same issue.
  2. B

Alternatives for 2DR GTI door guards?

I just bought replacements for mine last Fall. See below the the passenger and drivers door part numbers. I ordered mine on VW parts from my local VW dealer and picked them up at the dealership (no shipping charges) for less than $25 each. 2 door here as well 😊 Edit: dang, it does look like...
  3. B

Replacing AGM batteries with standard batteries

I would say that if it fits and the cranking amps are sufficient that it would work fine for a while in a pinch. As far as AGM’s overcharging, I’m not sure.
  4. B

034 motor mounts with OEM dog bone?

To make it easy to install, I would use an engine support bar. I bought the $79 one from harbor freight. I purchased it initially when I dropped the transmission to upgrade the clutch. It worked very well. There’s also a few options cheaper on Amazon but I have no experience with them. From my...
  5. B

MK6 Not sure what to add next

I have not dumped it intentionally for a burnout. My car is higher mileage and I’m looking to keep it together as long as possible on my current setup. I had an Mfactory LSD but sent it back due to not having anyone local willing to install it, and I was just going to drop off and pick up the...
  6. B

MK6 Not sure what to add next

I agree with the protune from stratified. Only $300 and my K04 car runs very strong. I highly recommend Stratified and recently finished my final revision. I second the aux fuel kit and tune on e30 if staying K04. Tuning on E really wakes the car up. Not to mention the cleaning benefits from the...
  7. B

Highest mileage cars on the forum?

133k here. Mines a 2011 2d MT with K04
  8. B

034 motor mounts with OEM dog bone?

133k here and K04 as well. I recently replaced my engine and trans mounts and added the 034 insert. Yes it would match just fine and it’s what it did. I added a new OEM dogbone mount at the same time as the insert as well. I went with Velt sport engine and tranny mounts which are very similar...
  9. B

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

133k here and installed the K04 recently at 129k along with front mount intercooler, traction concepts LSD upgrade, all mounts. and new clutch flywheel. Pro tuned with Stratified and the car runs very strong. I feel it will run as good as you treat it, but I have replaced the manifold, HPFP...