GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. upon31

Helmets & Headrests

I haven't seen too much discussion about this, but what do you guys that track or autocross your cars do with your headrests while wearing a helmet? There is no way I can drive in a normal position with a helmet on because the headrest pushes my head way too far forward. I haven't tried taking...
  2. upon31

FS: 2012 Candy White GTI 6sp

For Sale: 2012 Candy White GTI 2.0T 6sp Off the market.
  3. upon31

Click here for Stance badassery!

What the article failed to mention is that there was so much weight added to that Prius in tacky bolt-ons and non-functional parts that it no longer has the ability to move under it's own power. It's a big, brown Japanese paperweight.
  4. upon31

Do you own a gun?

People have been saying that since this country was born. Fear and doubt are remarkable weapons in their own right. 81% isn't that impressive of a number in a forum where the majority of participants are males between the ages of 18 and 35, who have plenty of disposable income and testosterone...
  5. upon31

Do you own a gun?

Not realistic at all. Ammo is not as easy to purchase in most common calibers as it was only a few years ago. It takes real perseverance to get 9mm, 22LR or even .223 in many areas of the country still. You can't just walk into Walmart anymore and leave with the ammo you need. .45 and .40 is...
  6. upon31

well look what happen to this mk7 R's wheel

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe that a factory wheel breaks like that out of thin air—I call BS.
  7. upon31

FT: 18" Miro 279s (BBS RM Replicas), staggered

Looking to trade my set of Miro 279 (BBS RM replicas) with Falken Ziex ZE512 tires (which are at the end of their life and in need of eventual replacement). The wheels on the car are staggered 18" x 8" fronts with 18" x 9" rears. Bolt pattern is 5x112 and the offsets are ET45 front and ET48...
  8. upon31

Cars you wish weren't crap!

Subaru 2.5RS. Underpowered in the US, cheap interior, head gasket failures, and terrible rust problems but it really looked great (loved the 2-door instead of the WRX's 4). Wanted one of those so bad back in the late 90s. Glad I never bought one. Gonna throw the early 70s Chevy Vega into my...
  9. upon31

Need Some Tire Size/Fit Insight

Hi guys, I have spent a lot of my adult life with watercooled VWs and track-based sports cars, and after a 10-year hiatus from the VW scene, I find myself back in the middle of it with a new-to-me 2012 GTI. When I got the car it had already been lowered on Koni coilovers and it has a...
  10. upon31

POLE - Have you ever shot a gun?

Just going out on a limb here, but this might be one of those polls where only people interested in the topic are going to be the ones who mostly respond. I can't imagine too many non gun peeps are going to even read the thread. #skewedresults
  11. upon31

2010 Scirocco in North America

A $218,000 Volkswagen. A $218,000 VW. A $218,000 Scirocco. Nope, no matter how I say it, it still sounds completely ridiculous. Good luck with that sale.
  12. upon31

The Official Gun Thread

A couple of my collection... 1979 Harrington & Richardson 949 "Forty-Niner" 1965 Smith & Wesson K22 Masterpiece 17-2 (never fired) 1964 Walther PP Sport M1 Carbine replica/tribute (Ruger 10/22) I like .22LRs. :)
  13. upon31

EDC Light & Push Button Starter

EPC Light & Push Button Starter Hi guys, Longtime VW owner coming back after a long layoff to a really clean 2012 GTI—picked it up last week after I sold my E36 M3. The previous owner was the original owner, and he spent a lot of money with aftermarket parts. He did have good taste and spent a...