GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Tune not engaging

So just got my car back from the dealer. Car was in limp mode and they did a full diagnosis to figure it out. Turned out to be an o2 that was fried causing my air fuel ratios to be way off. I was stage 2 Apr prior to going in. Drive it for the first time and it feels healthy, but very stock...
  2. K

Please help!

Decided to go for a food run and as I'm leaving the parking lot the car starts sputtering like its gong to die. No power at all. Car has 1k on new clutch and Apr stage 2. Just ran the car not 15 minutes before and was doing fine with a few 4th gear pulls. Car accelerates fine but won't build...
  3. K

Driver Gear springs + Koni Yellow Review

Well I'm not sure where to begin other than holly shit this is the best setup you could ever run! So before I dive in, a little back story on my scenario for deciding to go with this setup. This car is my daily driver and I originally was all stock for suspension parts. I live in Michigan...
  4. K

Hesitation/surge 3,4&5 gear

Apr stage 1, Unitronic intake, cts turbo catless downpipe. Just had Sachs sre smfw clutch installed. 1 and 2 gear pull really well. Power delivery is very smooth. 3 hits and the exhaust makes a bogging noise as if it's trying to push power out but can't. R8 coil packs and ngk spark plugs...
  5. K

DG Springs + Koni yellows

Anyone running this setup? What are your thoughts on it? What are your dampers set to? I will have this setup in about a week and want to know how people like it and what setting they run it at. I live in Michigan and roads everywhere are pretty terrible. Constant pothole dodging and...
  6. K

Recommended springs for koni yellows

Posted a thread a while back about running oem springs with the Koni yellows. I have decided to replace the springs as well when I do my shocks and struts. I'd like to retain the stock ride height, but wouldn't be upset if I dropped like 1/2". What are your recommendations? I will be searching...
  7. K

WTB sachs sre single mass flywheel 8 bolt cbfa

In need of this part. Need asap. If you have please contact me.
  8. K

Stage 2 brake setup

Getting the stage 2 update from Apr next week. Curious to see what other stage 2 people run for their brake setup. I'm currently on oem pads and rotors. Was planing on getting stoptech street performance pads but stick with oem rotors. What do you run/suggest? Thanks
  9. K

WTB MAF sensor housing. Need ASAP!

Need this part ASAP! please pm me if you have this part!
  10. K

Where to buy stock MAF housing?

Just purchased and received the Unitronic cold air intake from modded euros. My only problem is this intake is replacing my current BSH race intake. While looking at all the parts in the box, I noticed that I'm missing the MAF coupler pipe from the stock intake that fits between the two...
  11. K

Koni yellows with OEM springs

Looking to see if anyone is running this setup. My front struts bit the dust at 80k but I will be replacing both front and rear shocks and I'm looking at getting something a tad bit firmer than OE without being too harsh. I live in Michigan and the roads are absolute crap. This is also my DD...
  12. K

Darkside developments clutch kit

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-race-single-mass-flywheel-smf-clutch-kit-for-vw-02q-6-speed.html Anyone purchase from them? I'm assuming everything needed for full install come with this kit. Just want to get my feelers out there before I buy
  13. K

Front suspension noise

Getting a metallic sounding clinking noise from the front only when going over bumps. The weird part is that it is only in specific types of bumps. Only bumps that are sharp and change elevation quickly. If it's a smoother bump then the sound really doesn't occur. The sound is best described as...
  14. K

Bsh race intake question

If anyone else is running this intake I have a question for you. On your pipe, do you have mounting bracket that mounts on the back of the engine? My pipe does not have this bracket as many of the other intakes do have this and it concerns me to see my intake basically resting in the air box...
  15. K

Apr stage 1 w/ downpipe question

As the title states, I'm about to be running that setup with a currently installed cai. My concern is that I'm running on a stock clutch (currently 50k on clutch) and I've been tuned since day 1. After adding the downpipe and updating my Apr file to the new stage 1 low torque file, will my...
  16. K

Oem lug nut question

Are the oem nuts for our wheel stainless steel? I'm looking to get mine heated to have an oil spill look and want to make sure this can be done.
  17. K

Stock clutch eith new apr stage 1 file

I'm currently on my stock clutch and currently have APR's stage 1 (low torque) tune but I want to get APR's new stage 1 (high output) upgrade. I'm just worried about clutch slippage. What do you guys think?
  18. K

WTB CTS turbo catless downpipe (cbfa)

Please pm me
  19. K

Bluetooth cuts out when listening to music

Title says it. Wether I'm using my music app on my phone or using spotify or Pandora there will sometimes be a random and very brief cutout almost as if it lost connection and regained it immediately. Doesn't happen often but enough for me to notice. Never happens when I'm in a call while...
  20. K

Apr tuned w/ unitronic intake

Currently Apr stage 1 and have the bsh race intake. Not very please with the build quality of it and was looking at getting the unitronic intake. I know companies design their products to work best when paired with their tune. With that being said, should I have any hesitation going with the...