GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

How much was your intake manifold to replace?

Man, I'm so done with these fucking cars. Over $6,000 in various repairs over the last 2 years, now a bad intake because they're made of shit plastic.
  2. F

MK6, EPC light came on CEL flashing and major stuttering under boost

I was driving home yesterday and was accelerating and my car suddenly started to stutter horribly. At first nothing came on, but when I pressed it a bit more the CEL started to flash for 10-20 seconds but then went away. I kept the car at about 60 but with no boost. As soon as I tried to...
  3. F

Dealership issues

A few weeks ago I had my turbo replaced under warranty at the dealer. Got the car back, less than 100 miles later CLE came back on. Called dealership back and they said to bring it back in a couple days (earliest they could get to it). Did so, had them diagnose and they said the CLE was from...
  4. F

New turbo break-in period?

How long do you generally drive the car with little boost with a new turbo?
  5. F

Possible blown turbo, have had APR stage 1 for about 75,000 miles.

Are VW dealers still stingy on warranties after a tune? CEL code is showing p0299 which could be a blown turbo or something related. Im hesitant on bringing it in at the dealer and considering bringing it back to the APR shop to get it flashed back to stock first. The problem is that the APR...
  6. F

Check engine light on, turbo not working

Drove to work with zero issues yesterday. Leaving work I could feel like the turbo wasn't working at all. A few minutes later the CEL came on. I gave it more throttle and verified that the turbo wasn't working. No boost at all, so I don't think it's a leak somewhere. Any ideas what it could...
  7. F

How bad would a stage 2 get beaten by the new 5.0 2015 mustang?

Looks like it's rated at 435 HP
  8. F

Torn between 2 tires

I've read everywhere Conti DWS are great tires. The cheapest I can get these around my area is about ~$750 out the door. I was talking to one of the tire shops and he brought up the Cooper RS3-A tires. These would be ~$550 out the door. I looked around online and the RS3-A gets a good...