GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Rear reflectors converted to rear wheelwell exit?

So I have left over hexagon mesh from my grille...it may not actually do anything but I wanted to toss around the idea of rear exits where the reflectors on the mk6 GTI rear bumper are similar to cars like the GT2RS. May be too complicated, probably doesn't do anything, but looks cool. Maybe...
  2. N

Motor not starting, starter continues after key not in starting position

This morning I went out and moved my car, and added a second 12v to the accessories fuse (did it correctly, with a fuse) and when I tried to start it again this morning the starter just keeps turning over, and when I turn the key back to the position right before start it keeps turning over...
  3. N

Key not in range - non-kessy/remote start car???

I drove to work this morning and the car wouldnt start when i went out again. It did the "key not in range" message. My car is a non-kessy/non remote start car so I'm stumped. I already replaced the key battery and disconnected the negative wire from the battery, still no luck. valet key will...
  4. N

Dealership Oil change

Today I went to a VW dealership and got an oil change, have never gotten anything serviced by a dealer because of the reputation for them sticking it to you. Surprisingly, they actually saved me about 10$ compared to Firestone, 73$ incl. tax vs 85$. They also used Pennzoil Platinum, which I...
  5. N

Leather Door Armrests - small writeup

I was disappointed with the quality of the mk6 door cards, while they look nice and are sturdy they don't match the quality of the rest of the interior. The cloth armrests keep water stains when it drips from the windows and is drab imo. So i decided to coats them both in leather. First...
  6. N

Noob question: 2010 GTI tensioner update?

Hey guys, first post and just got a 2010 GTI about a month ago. I'm going through the list of things I need to replace/upgrade to go along with my Stage 1 tune. This tensioner that can break on pre-2012 GTI's looks like it causes a ton of damage. From what I can tell, mine is fine. THe...