GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. davisharr

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

Stage 2 ECU @ ~65,000 Kms (~40k Miles) DSG Tuned @ ~90,000 Kms (~55k Miles) K04 @ ~145,000 Kms (~90k Miles) Currently: ~185,000 Kms (~115k Miles) 2012 GTI DSG, all major components original but lots of preventative maintenance.
  2. davisharr

GTI (K04) Fuelling Issue? Advice Wanted, Datalogs Inside.

HPFP did not fix it, back to the drawing board. LPFP next maybe? I really want to get this car back to running right, over a year of fighting with this issue now...
  3. davisharr

I ordered a HPFP today. Will report back once installed...
  4. davisharr

Nope, still fighting this intermittently. I need to just start buying parts to try, but I hate wasting money like that.
  5. davisharr

My CW GTI Daily - Now with K04! - OEM++

Took the GTI out to Victoria Volksfest last weekend, great weekend full of VW's and sun! Pre trip prep I noticed my tires where near done, I was so happy with the PS4S's last time around that I went for the exact same tire again, but this time, went 235/40 instead of 225/40 for a more square...
  6. davisharr

Thanks for your input. I really am leaning this way. It would kinda explain why it keeps up in a full pull but not when you shock it with dropping a gear, pump doesn't have time to build the pressure in lines and so the rest of the system starves. When you do a full cycle from low RPM up, its...
  7. davisharr

Did a filter 2 months ago as part of diagnosing this, no change. When I first got the tune and the car was healthy LPFP duty cycle at most was 88%. Now it often pegs at 92%, not that big of a difference, but it does seem 92% is the max it will ever go, and it is easy to get it there even at part...
  8. davisharr

I notice between the healthy, and not healthy runs, on the unhealthy ones, the Fuel Rail Pressure Request is notably lower than on healthy ones. So not only is it getting less fuel pressure, but thats actually what its asking for. I don't know if that means anything. But something I noticed...
  9. davisharr

Yeah I purposefully stopped where I did, I wanted the max power you can get outa stock fuel system, I don't want to dive any deeper, I know there's power to be gained but you gotta set a hard stop somewhere. The cars fast enough, when healthy it spins my PS4S's through 3rd. I'd way sooner spend...
  10. davisharr

That was my very first thought months ago and is still one of the top culprits on my list. But they are very expensive, and I was really hoping to not just be guessing and throwing parts at it to see what happens. But that might be where I am at at this point...
  11. davisharr

Alright, well I got it to do it on the highway last night, it took 5 or 6 tries at a pull, first 5 feeling perfect and pulling through to redline. Finally, I got it to misbehave, seems like it is more common to do it if you catch the car off-gaurd, say you're in 6th, drop it to 4th with paddles...
  12. davisharr

Never experienced any missfires at all, it doesn't break up, it sounds fine, it just makes notably less power. I also wouldn't expect valve float to start so low in the RPM, it looks like my fuel trim issue and notable power loss starts about 4,700, and actually begins to end at 5,800 or so...
  13. davisharr

Nah I know DSG slip, it's not that. It's something fueling, or electronic control related for sure. 1.25 in Cobb suite is the max amount of fuel these ECUs can add, you can then see it begin to lean out a slight bit in AFRs, and the throttle close a few %, then I get off the gas. At this point...
  14. davisharr

Sorry if I was unclear, but one of those firs two logs does show it. This one: https://datazap.me/u/mk6gtiguy/april-27th-datalog?log=0&data=6-28 Click on the STFT parameter and watch it peg itself to 1.25. That's what's happening. Boost is still good, timing pull is still reasonable enough, but...
  15. davisharr

Still battling this, really getting discouraged, at this point I have no idea what the cause could be, as it's so intermittent. The car will drive like a million bucks for 45 mins, then you floor it to pass someone on the highway, almost die because the car is making no power, and then next time...
  16. davisharr

Coil packs and cleaned air filter solved all cold start missfire issues. Fuel trim issue still exists, both pulls in 4th gear, both pulls on 10 Deg Ambient days. Car was well and warmed up, like 30+ min drive warmed up before both. Plugs are NGK_BKR8EIX gapped to .026 as recommended by tuner...
  17. davisharr

My CW GTI Daily - Now with K04! - OEM++

Well, after a few years, I got sick and tired of the stiff and loud ride of the BC Racing coilovers. At first, they rode fine, and I was quite happy with them, but they have been making a clicking/clunking noise that annoyed me since the beginning, which is apparently caused by the design of the...
  18. davisharr

So I have been chasing what I think is a bit of a fuelling issue with my 2012 GTI for a while now, and it seems to be getting worse. I have also recently had a cold start missfire issue come up, that I am unsure if it is related, or completely separate. Looking for some advice from the community...
  19. davisharr

MK6 GTI 2.0 TSI. My engine has no oil temp sensor, so where is VCDS getting the value? VCDS, Cobb, VADpro oil temp discrepancy.

Thanks guys, wish I knew how it made the number, obviously a calculation somehow. Just odd mine is all over the place, I wonder if anyone else has ever seen that? It'll go up and down constantly, dropping from full operating temp to half in seconds. Obviously an error in the calculation not what...
  20. davisharr

MK6 GTI 2.0 TSI. My engine has no oil temp sensor, so where is VCDS getting the value? VCDS, Cobb, VADpro oil temp discrepancy.

Okay, so I am looking for some help with something here. Trying to wrap my head around it, so excuse me if this is a dumb question, I have searched and searched and not found the answer I am looking for. I purchased a new device on the market called a VADpro. It's the 2nd gen of the...