GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Worst car I've owned in 15 years...Will it change?

My first foray into the VW world and, regretfully, not too pleased, in fact, very put off by VW in general. Bought a 2010 GTI “launch car” and I could write a short novel on the problems, but to summarize: • Rattles, vibrates, moans and groans. I think you get the picture, the car does not...
  2. K

just saw this on VWVortex...

Looks very similar to the CC. Attractive vehicle.
  3. K

What was your last car?

Previous car: 2006 Acura TL (lease)...Very nice car, but Acura really took leave of their senses on the new TL body design (IMHO). I would have considered another if they would not have ruined it. The GTI is my entry-level mid-life crisis car. So far I dig it, but there are some anomalies that...
  4. K

Specific issue

While driving at highway speeds (50 to 80 mph) the car will loose power/acceleration and sputter a bit. It last around 4 to 6 seconds seconds and then recovers. When I first got the car, 2 months ago, this happened a couple of times and then seemed to have stopped so I wrote it off, but filed...
  5. K

Specific issue

While driving at highway speeds (50 to 80 mph) the car will loose power/acceleration and sputter a bit. It last around 4 to 6 seconds seconds and then recovers. When I first got the car, 2 months ago, this happened a couple of times and then seemed to have stopped so I wrote it off, but filed...
  6. K

Tint shop

Can anyone recommend a tint shop in Dallas? Thx, K
  7. K

Pirelli 225/40 R18

Curious what tire pressure others are running on these tires... K
  8. K

GTI a bit temperamental?

This is my first VW after a long line of mid-level luxury cars. The car is fantastic to drive, but I'm finding it to be temperamental until it warms. One thing that happens is a knocking noise that seems to come from the rear passenger side. It only happens when the car is cold (first start-up...
  9. K

Fuel door

I had the fuel door open and walked by without noticing and basically broke it off by bending it backwards. Has anyone had to replace one of the these? I was curious as to how difficult or involved it is. I also have a little ding now as a result of bending it backwards. I think there is a...