GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MrClean

2015 Golf R <10k mi

2015 Golf R, DSG w/ DCC Oryx White Pearl - 7800 miles - stock and all maintenance up to date by years - like new, inside and out, all original paint (paint meter checked) - clear bra and ceramic coating - car located in central Ohio - extended 3/36 VW warranty good till March 2022 (transferable...
  2. MrClean

FS: RCD-510

I recently sold our 2010 GTI, which had an upgraded NAV unit installed. I still have the RCD-510 that originally came out of the car. Label says: 1K0 035 180 AC History: I swapped it about a month after getting the car and bought the NAVI unit, putting this unit aside for swapping back when I...
  3. MrClean

SOLD: 2010 GTI DSG Autobahn w/NAV (clean)

CAR SOLD - THANKS FOR INTEREST 2010 VW GTI 4 Door DSG Autobahn w/Nav. -Tornado Red Exterior -Titan Black Interior -Autobahn Package *leather seats (heated) *front sport seats *power sunroof -18" Detroit Alloy Wheels -Bi-Xenon Headlamps w/AFS -Dynaudio Advanced Sound *bluetooth w/streaming...
  4. MrClean

RCD-510 headunit (1K0 035 180 AC)

When I first leased my GTI, I upgraded to a RNS-510 (NAV) system and I set this aside with the plan to swap it back at the end of the lease. Well, I ended up buying the car out so the original RCD-510 headunit (1K0 035 180 AC) is available for sale. Since the unit was swapped after about a...
  5. MrClean

Golf R - Sound Systems (non-Dynaudio vs Dynaudio)

For those with experience... I have a 2010 GTI with Dynaudio. The Golf R I'm considering is the 4 door without the Dynaudio (called: Premium VIII touchscreen sound system with HD Radio™) Will I miss the Dynaudio in my current 2010 GTI? I am not a huge audiophile but I do appreciate the...
  6. MrClean

Wife loves '10 GTI, but what else to consider?

I'm interested in hearing what others have done or would suggest to replace a 2010 GTI as a daily driver. Gotta decide somewhat soon to avoid buying snow tires and wheels. Car has 33k miles on it, no issues.
  7. MrClean

My first experience in the Golf R

I really hate to report this, but I was expecting so much more. Disappointed is the first word that came to mind, besides soft. Yes, this enthusiast model felt soft, actually squishy. Working the wheel makes you wonder if you are driving atop sponges or atop a waterbed, albeit a semi-waveless...
  8. MrClean

POLL: Forgestar Wheels F14 --> Looking for Opinions on Finishes

THE BACKGROUND: With LM-60 Blizzaks on my stockers, for the past month or so, I've been trying to find a set of wheels for my summer tires, which has not been easy (at all). For instance, the TT RS stock wheel size is 19x9 with an offset of ET+52, wrapped with a 255/35 tire. When I installed 10...
  9. MrClean

FS: O.Z. Ultraleggeras (Set of four, 18x8)

I'm selling my O.Z. Ultraleggeras. Wheel Specs... Price: $350 each (new) Width: 8" Diameter: 18" Offset: 45mm Backspacing: 6.26" Bolt Pattern: 5-112 Rec. Tire Size:225/40-18 Weight: 19.0lbs. They have Michelin Pilot Sport tires on them with about 1/2 tread left. One wheel has minor curbage...
  10. MrClean

German Auto Bash, Columbus, Ohio QS&L, Sat July 2, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkkpBK11eOs&NR=1 Hope to see you there! Saturday July 2nd at Quaker Steak and Lube. Polaris Pwky, just west of I-71. 12 pm to 6 pm registration is 12 to 230 pm.
  11. MrClean

Tires Getting Expensive And Hard To Find, Even For Automakers

From Car Connection article: http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1062280_tires-getting-expensive-and-hard-to-find-even-for-automakers If you’ve shopped for tires lately, you’ve probably been surprised by the sheer number of tire sizes now available, as well as the increasing price for tires of...
  12. MrClean

July 8-9, 2011 Arthritis Foundation Car Show in Central Ohio

Please join us at our 29th annual event to celebrate our dedication to the support of the Arthritis Foundation of Central Ohio. This year Volkswagen is a featured marque! :w00t: PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS JUNE 24! Sign up TODAY to participate in the Arthritis Foundation's premier Classic Auto Show...
  13. MrClean

Domestics Car Show in Central Ohio (Saturday June 18, 2011)

For those interested... This event will take place at Germain Ford off Sawmill Rd (just down the street from my house). I will be judging vehicles and helping out with this event. The car show is free to the public. My 2007 Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones edition #190/500 will be on display...
  14. MrClean

FS: Neuspeed Springs + Koni FSDs for Mk6

New: $700 (plus shipping) Asking: $450 (SHIPPED) Here is a thread where I give my impressions: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3706 I bought DG springs which do not lower the car as much. There is approximately 12k miles on the combo. Thanks for your interest.
  15. MrClean

Took the plunge, and once you go BLACK, it's hard to go back

Thought about the vinyl route, but decided to take the plunge and go all the way. Thanks to Dent Solutions here in Columbus for the great experience and fantastic work! http://www.dentsolutionsofohio.com/ I love it! :w00t: In my humble opinion, the car should have come this way...
  16. MrClean

I'm a Believer! (In the DG + OEM Dampener Setup)

I can't post a lot now, I gotta run, but I wanted to post some photos of the new setup I now have with the Drivers Gear springs with the stock shocks and struts. In a word: "PERFECT" (for the daily driving needs of the majority) Excellent compromise with sport driving and compliance. Two...
  17. MrClean

Will the LED Golf R taillights work on my Mk6 GTI?

http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_153&products_id=1295 My door jam sticker says my car was built in 08/09. Will this Golf R LED taillight mod work on my early 2010 GTI? I saw this and wondered. Product Description: •Specific adapters in order to retrofit the LED...
  18. MrClean

FS: Feeler - Neuspeed Springs + Koni FSDs for Mk6

New: $700 new (which is $100 off when you buy the package from neuspeed) Asking: $450 (~12k miles on them) Here is a thread where I give my impressions: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3706 I bought DG springs which do not lower the car as much and I may use the stock shocks...
  19. MrClean

After 365 Days, 800 posts, 14k miles, and $$$ in Mods...

Well folks, It's been one year, 800 posts, 14,000 miles, $$$$ in mods, and I'm still loving this car and this forum. The Forum Not only is the knowledge sharing great on this forum, but the personalities and alignment of interest in the posts has been awesome. I feel as though I could meet up...
  20. MrClean

Autoweek Design Forum - Anyone Going?

Tomorrow, I will be repeating a trek that I've done for the past 20 years. I will be, once again, heading to Detroit for the chance to see what's next in the automotive market. This will be my 21st consecutive NAIAS (aka Detroit Auto Show) and my second consecutive Design Forum. If you're an...