GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

From GTI to GT no I

After owning my 2011 GTi for 7 years I decided to move on to something else that is a little less harsh on my old body. I’ve been spying the 2018 Passat GT since I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show months ago and my local dealer finally got one in. It is everything I wanted and needed. Bigger...
  2. F

ECS is full of it.

You can add me to the satisfied ECS customer list. Never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them. When I've called them for information on something I want to order, they are extremely helpful and answer all my questions till I'm satisfied.
  3. F

Speed Channel Is Dead To Be Replaced !!!

DirecTV has MavTV channel 214. Tonight (Thursday) 7 PM to midnight line up is On The Edge (speed boats), Grass Roots Racing, Motorcycle Racing, Auto Racing (FIA Ralleye), Off Road Racing, Grass Roots Racing (midgets), Motorcycle Racing (AMA Moto). Friday night has My Classic Car, Drift Style...
  4. F

VW Exec talks about new infotainment system

...Mr. Hackenberg, like Volkswagen’s subsidiary Audi, you are introducing a modular infotainment system, MIB for short. What is the concept promising in the way of advantages? With MIB, the Volkswagen Group is facing up to the infotainment challenges of the future. Its modular construction...
  5. F

Saudi 'drifter' sentenced to death by beheading

Title says it all. Saudi drifter to be beheaded for killing two bystanders. Who knew this was a big problem in the Middle East. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/27/saudi-drifter-sentenced-to-death-by-beheading/ .
  6. F

Wolfgang 3.0 vs. XMT 360

I finally had a chance to properly polish and wax my GTI today so I thought I would compare a couple products that get rave reviews everywhere I read, Wolfgang Concours Series Finishing Glaze 3.0 and XMT Series 360. I first clay barred the car with a Mother’s clay bar, then washed with Surf...
  7. F

Chevy Volt

Are you trading in a GTI for a Volt? What? Are you Ed Begley Jr's nephew or something? Unless you're commuting a thousand miles a week why would you even think that was a good idea? I am literally sitting here stunned at this notion.
  8. F

Hagerty Lists Top 'Threatened, Endangered and Extinct' Cars

Hagerty Lists Top 'Threatened, Endangered and Extinct' Cars The Hagerty “Threatened” List Cars originally built in numbers greater than 10,000 of which Hagerty insures fewer than 25 1. 1975-80 Chevrolet Monza: The Monza, based on the infamous Chevy Vega, might well have been the most...
  9. F

VW Newest Car

Notice the 'special road surface' line. Maglev? No gubment has enough cash laying around to resurface a couple billion miles of roads for this technology.
  10. F

Cleaning the Detroit's

Just wondering what others are doing for cleaning and maintenance on Detroit style wheels. I've looked around here and found that Detroit's are clear coat so cleaning them with something like P21S Polishing Soap is out of the question. Right now I simply wash them with the soapy suds bucket...
  11. F

Saw enough Honda Civics today to make me throw up...

Sorry, my bad. :yikes: I thought you were posting some Honda vids.
  12. F

Saw enough Honda Civics today to make me throw up...

Thanks but no thanks. I can't afford to lose even 2 minutes of my life.
  13. F

New-to-me GTI from Illinois

Hello ladies and gentleman, Would like to introduce my new-to-me 2011 GTI 6-speed DSG in carbon steel gray I purchased two weeks ago. This is my first ever Volkswagen but I've been looking at the GTI for about two years now. Searched since Christmas to find a decent used one since new ones...