GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

ObdEleven (Ac Coding)

Just picked up an ObdEleven and was under the assumption our cars were similar to the MK7's to where you could enable Hot Climate for for efficient AC Had my car since 282 miles and the AC has always been great in houston until the temperature reaches around 85 then it just literally sucks...
  2. D

ARM Catted DP + CEL

Needing to take my car to the dealership for the Manifold recall, hopefully its actually covered if not by the recall under the 5yr/ 60k powertrain warranty as its a 2013 but in service date started late 2014 and it has only 38k. Anyway I specifically chose the ARM Catted DP to avoid any...
  3. D

Cylinder 2 Misfire with 10k?

My car has been acting up in recent times sounding funny on a cold start, it got worse about 3 weeks ago and the check engine light/ epc light were flashing up. Initially I thought it was the HPFP but after a trip to the dealer who ended up replacing one coil for me it seemed to be fine but I...
  4. D

Should I bother changing spark plugs?

My car hasnt even reached 10k Miles yet and I had a cold start issue, I believed initially this was the high pressure fuel pump failure however the dealer cleared the misfire codes and couldnt replicate the issue I went to collect the car and walked over to the car and what do you know it was...
  5. D

Wanted Front Bumper Spoiler + Retainer

I am missing the following front end parts from my 13 GTI http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Air-Dam-Deflector-Valance-Front-Primered-VW-GTI-VW1093113-5K0805903B9B9-/370755454277 http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1172770/ Please let me know if anyone has these lying around, the 1st item is really the most...
  6. D

Shadow Blue Gti - How would it look with MK7 Gti Rims

2 of my Serron's got scratched up this morning and I can have them refurbed locally for $260 however I was wondering whether anyone had a set of these on their MK6 and whether it looked good As I have been offered a set for good money
  7. D

Oil Leak before hitting 1400 Miles!!!

Recently purchased a 2013 GTI from the Auction that was stolen from a dealership and dumped after 282 miles. The car literally has every GTI option available however was salvaged by their insurance company for some unknown reason. Anyways I got a great deal on it and obviously drives like a...
  8. D

Leather Conditioner

Finally got my 2013 MK6 Gti after selling my 12 a couple of weeks back, I got a great deal in the auction for this car and it only had 282 miles!!! Now onto about 320 and I want to know what I should do about the leather the guy who detailed it for me armarolled literally everything in sight...
  9. D

Talk Turbo Discharge pipes

I know there are alot of threads about this but there arent to many people who post long term reliability posts of anyone other then Neuspeed pipes, I need to purchase these monday so really need to decide. From searching this forum and others it appears by far Neuspeed has the highest...
  10. D

Shadow Blue Gti - Mirror covers, can I go black?

Having to replace the passenger side mirror on a 2013 GTI I just bought and was wondering whether getting both mirror caps painted a nice shiny black would look good vs going body color? I was considering the carbon fibre (look) covers but am doubtful as to how good they actually look in...
  11. D

Wanted: 4 * Detroits

Looking for a set of 4 Detroits in great condition, preferably take offs with tires. Pm me with what you have, collection is possible if within a reasonable distance from houston
  12. D

MK6 Gti Seat Question

Currently I have MK5 Seats in my MK6 Due to someone damaging the seats, I sourced a set of MK6 GTI seats however they have power recline (Cloth seats) just wondering if anyone knows if this will plug into mine? I dont believe my originals were power reclining seats. No issue with the MK5 seats...
  13. D

12 GTI Threw P2177 Code Today :(

My idle has been a little weird in recent times feeling as if the car has a slight miss on one of the cylinders, then today when just slowing down toward a redlight there was a jerk and the CEL came on. Got to my scanner and pulled the P2177, I can only find one other thread relating to this...