GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best paint for emblems

DayMan

Ready to race!
I am looking to black out my front and rear VW emblems. I have debadged the rear GTI and wont be putting it back on. I am looking to flat black the emblems. I need paint choices? I see people use Plasti Dip but that seems like it would be way to thick and rubber like in the end. Never used it. I was just thinking of using some plastic formulated Krylon flat black then using a matte sealer over it, or using the VHT engine paint system. Any help would be great.. I am looking for Paint brands and process tips, not if you like the look or not.

Thanks..

zeonic

mmm.... beer
i love Plastidip. it is rubbery but in no way does it seem to be too thick. i normally use 3 to 4 coats, you can use less if you like. i did the front VW and GTI emblems as well as the rear VW one, and my bumper lights. i have gone through the trouble of painting it conventionally in the past and its just not worth it to me anymore. here is what my car looks like.

ACWB

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you paint the rear VW emblem? Did you take it off the hatch or just tape it off while still on the car?

DayMan

Ready to race!
i love Plastidip. it is rubbery but in no way does it seem to be too thick. i normally use 3 to 4 coats, you can use less if you like. i did the front VW and GTI emblems as well as the rear VW one, and my bumper lights. i have gone through the trouble of painting it conventionally in the past and its just not worth it to me anymore. here is what my car looks like.

That's exactly what I was looking for . That's how I want my ride to look, I got a black one too. Thanks for the pics... You just use the plasti dip? No primer or seal when done?