GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't new accounts be moderated to stop the SPAM?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Just wondering if new "members" could be restricted to moderator acceptance prior to being able to post all the crap that's in the forums instead of them being able to "sign up" and post tens or hundreds of junk posts we have to suffer with until the moderators clean things up.

Many forums have this feature so it's not a hardship to those legitimate people wanting to join but, for all the bots that spam the forums with junk, wouldn't this prevent them from being able to do so? I'm pretty sure we're all annoyed at all the gummy, weight loss and foreign text posts that show up every few days.

Just a thought.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Owners are incommunicado. Site owners are the only ones that can make that change & they're in the Serengeti with no cell phone or internet.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Just wondering if new "members" could be restricted to moderator acceptance prior to being able to post all the crap that's in the forums instead of them being able to "sign up" and post tens or hundreds of junk posts we have to suffer with until the moderators clean things up.

Many forums have this feature so it's not a hardship to those legitimate people wanting to join but, for all the bots that spam the forums with junk, wouldn't this prevent them from being able to do so? I'm pretty sure we're all annoyed at all the gummy, weight loss and foreign text posts that show up every few days.

Just a thought.
You have to PayPal @jay745 $3 to turn it on

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
If we get that many spam posts, maybe you should try to implement some anti spam measures? I used to run a message board back in the day, I can give some tips if you need them for $3 PayPal

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
If we get that many spam posts, maybe you should try to implement some anti spam measures? I used to run a message board back in the day, I can give some tips if you need them for $3 PayPal

Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for.

Serious question, have you ever gotten beat up for running your mouth and being a smartass to literally everyone? Or is this just your keyboard warrior online persona?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Amazing, why didn't I think of that?

Also funny to hear "spam every couple days" - homie, we get 60-300 spam posts every single day. I usually clean them by about 7am every day, most come in between midnight-5am.
I don't read the entire forum. But if it's that bad, it makes a lot of sense to lock down new members or new posts by new members prior to moderator vetting. If it can't be done, so be it. But I thought I'd ask.