GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car fan stays on after shut off

flokwon

Hi all,

The weather in New York has been nice and 2 days ago was pretty hot (89F). After driving back home from work and parked in the garage, I noticed the fan under the hood was still running after the ignition was shut off. It was on for about 3 minutes until it shuts off by itself. Just want to see if anybody else has encounter the same thing. I'm sure is fine but I was surprised since this is the first time happens to me.

Thanks.

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
car equip with a temp sensor that let the fan turn on for a few mins to cool off ur turbo,sound normal too me,audi does that too.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
I've had this a couple of times I think its the aircon fan not the cooling fan. ;)

Marvin

Ready to race!
Lots of various cars and models do this. It helps to reduce/disperse under bonnet (hood) temperatures and cool down components generally - obviously depending on ambient temperatures, I would have thought. And the Aircon's fan may obviously still be on until its sensor turns it off.
Nothing unusual here.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
And the Aircon's fan may obviously still be on until its sensor turns it off.
Yes I kow that but I very rarely use the aircon and the UK temp isn't that hot at the moment Marvin (HHGTTG), 10C ;)

Marvin

Ready to race!
Yes I kow that but I very rarely use the aircon and the UK temp isn't that hot at the moment Marvin (HHGTTG), 10C ;)
Cheek!! HHGTTG/Marvin. My cover has been blown.