GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing the cars basic setup with VAGCOM?4

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
I was wondering how much stuff you could change on the setup of the new golf using the likes of VAGCOM?

There is an annoying little niggle I have had with the electric mirrors and looking at the manual for the car it appears one with a super highline onboard computer (even though mine is supposed to be highline) there is additional things you can setup like the use of winter tyres and the mirrors!

Basically when I use my drivers mirror it also moves the passenger mirror, apparently this is normal (after me thinking it was a fault) but looking at the book theres an option in a menu somewhere to turn that feature on and off.

I was wondering what other options can be setup with VAGCOM and the mk6 golf?

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
well I have eventually managed to find a sub menu to fix my small mirror annoyance, the next part is VAGCOM.

I want to see what info I can get out of the car but for some reason the cable I have while I know it works doesnt seem to be able to communicate with the car.

Now while my mk3 golf was only ODBI it had limit functionality in that I could datalog engine information and read fault codes for the engine (there wasnt anything else electrical in the car) so then I fire up the laptop and cable tonite and plug it into my golf and it says it cannot communicate.

its not a genuine Rosstech cable but it worked fine with my mk3, any suggestions on why it might not be working when it was on my mk3?