GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coding Brake Pad Sensors out and Soudaktor Issues

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've ready several posts and watched a couple videos to do both of these through VCDS, but I don't seem to have the same screen as everyone so not exactly sure.

For the Brake Lights, my screen looks different than all the other pics/videos I've seen so bit confused.

For the Soundaktor setting, I don't see an A-9 option "structure borne sound" to select like posts suggest.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• ControlModulePage.PNG
    ControlModulePage.PNG
    342.7 KB · Views: 123
  • ScreenVCDS1.PNG
    ScreenVCDS1.PNG
    331.1 KB · Views: 121

AZBlueGTI

I was poking around in the menu after doing the gauge needle sweep change and noticed an entry for "actuator for external sound". I am guessing this is the soundaktor. Mine is manually disabled so I can't test it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I thought that was an MK7 thing.

AZBlueGTI

It may be. I went back today and plugged the soundaktor back in to check and the module showed unavailable. So I could be wrong about it working on the MK6.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I’m pretty sure I found a thread like that before I removed mine and after I couldn’t get it to work found out it was a MK7 thing…lame.

AZBlueGTI

Yeah, I agree. Thankfully I have skinny hands and can get my hand in there to unplug the damn thing. Made a huge difference in driving comfort.