GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

dtfd

Autocross Champion
You save about 7 pounds per side with carbon fiber fenders, that's not insignificant. I'd paint them because carbon fiber anything looks terrible.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying 7 lbs per side isn't anything, I'm just saying in a street car that has things like a full interior there's other places to start before you get to fenders.

For a track car they make perfect sense especially if you've done everything else and are getting to the point where you're looking to shave the smallest amounts, but that's an end game that 99.9% of people are never going to get anywhere close to.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I think of this everytime I see one of these.

1679436136003.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying 7 lbs per side isn't anything, I'm just saying in a street car that has things like a full interior there's other places to start before you get to fenders.

For a track car they make perfect sense especially if you've done everything else and are getting to the point where you're looking to shave the smallest amounts, but that's an end game that 99.9% of people are never going to get anywhere close to.
I think it's more often a matter of people wanting the wide body, stretched fender look and at that point, you may as well get them in cf and save the weight too.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Most weight savings things aren't worth while on a street car.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

A light weight battery is cheaper and more weight savings.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Even a skinny chick (or literally any adult passenger)cancels all but the most extreme weight savings.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Fuck I could crush some goddamn Arby's right now.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1679437355269.png

That's how long it's been since I've hard Arby's.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1679437407095.png

That's how far my nearest Arby's is.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
There's plenty of other, and quite frankly, better, roast beef places around. But every once in a while, Arby's hits the damn spot.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I bet that Arby's chick would too @sterkrazzy, if you gave her a chance.