GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
@riceburner did his best, and ae appreciate the effort. But it's clear he lacks the homeless person stamina to keep up with the thread like it's OT in 13 - 15. We tried the experiment, it's failing, just merge this thread with CSB2 to restore balance to the universe and be done with it.
Ugly left. If I merge he'll be the owner again since that thread was started first and then the titles will never get updated.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Unlimited PTO here haha. As long as you get your work done and your manager approves it, you can take off. Pretty sure there's some study that says people end up taking less time off in this kind of arrangement. Looks like I ended up taking 21 days of PTO and then whatever holidays.
That's exactly right. Her company recently switched over to unlimited and there was a big stink about it for exactly that reason.

My big annoyance with it is you used to get paid out your unused vacation (in illinois at least - state law) if you have unlimited there's nothing to pay out.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
this one gets me every time
1679064375398.png

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
That's exactly right. Her company recently switched over to unlimited and there was a big stink about it for exactly that reason.

My big annoyance with it is you used to get paid out your unused vacation (in illinois at least - state law) if you have unlimited there's nothing to pay out.
The law only states they have to pay you out when you leave the company. Not annually if you're still employed

riceburner

Autocross Champion
how i feel walking into this thread sometimes

'we will take back the CSB2 so that we can update the title sometimes, even though the thread is now locked. either way you will starve to death and i don't really care.'
1679064544098.png

avenali312

Autocross Champion

Yup, because, in a weird way, you haven't "earned" that time if it's unlimited. It's an odd thing. I worked at a company in Florida that had normal PTO accrual and you could get up to 80 hours a year paid out if you had excess.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Ugly left. If I merge he'll be the owner again since that thread was started first and then the titles will never get updated.

And? I don't know if you know this, but the thread exists perfectly fine without thread titles being updated.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
how i feel walking into this thread sometimes

'we will take back the CSB2 so that we can update the title sometimes, even though the thread is now locked. either way you will starve to death and i don't really care.'
View attachment 275818

I can't speak for JC, but for what it's worth, it's nothing against you. I just hate seeing the history, hard work, and legacy getting just ignored and tossed aside like a red-headed step child.

Reactions: WAP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yeah @Acadia18 holy n00b just let it die and let this thrive. same folks different toilet here

dtfd

Autocross Champion
The law only states they have to pay you out when you leave the company. Not annually if you're still employed
That's what I meant. Some companies let you roll over and accrue crazy amounts though they can also just tell you use it or lose it.

I left my last company with a hair over 200 unused hours between sick/vacation, it was my own sign-on bonus to the new place.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
My vacation time never expires and pays out if you leave, but the catch is an accrual cap; you can't have more than 160hr banked. I actually think it's a good thing though. Most people start taking time off if they hit the cap. It forces them to have some down time.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I can't speak for JC, but for what it's worth, it's nothing against you. I just hate seeing the history, hard work, and legacy getting just ignored and tossed aside like a red-headed step child.
hard work?

hard work??

the entire purpose of CSB threads is to waste time, get some laughs, and talk about bowel movements and what we are eating for lunch.