GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally did the APR Stage I on my GTI Mk6 ...nice job APR!

denisGTI

Ready to race!
I just wanted to quickly share with you my excitement about the APR Stage I on my GTI Mk6. :)

This is really a wonderful upgrade that nicely explores the potential of 2.0T.
The car drives like a charm, giving you extra power when you need it, especially in higher gears. It feels like this tuning is really a perfect match for this type of engine.

Thanks APR ..I think VW should make a deal with you guys and start putting Stage I into their stock configurations.

I also want to mentioned that I had a great experience with RJ Motors, here in Ottawa, Canada who are "APR certified". After the upgrade, the mechanic spend next 30 min with me to explain how to switch between program and option. He even gave me advice on how to make the turbo last longer.
I would highly recommend this shop for anybody in the area.

Cheers,
Denis

Last edited:

denisGTI

Ready to race!
I am sure many of you guys already know this but the recommendation was that if I want my turbo to last longer to try to follow the following:

1. wait 5min after the oil temp reaches 90C before starting driving more aggressively;

2. wait 2-3min after you are ready to turn off the engine after aggressive driving. basically let the car run for an extra 2-3 min before turning it off. this gives the engine a chance to cool off the flaming turbos after being pushed hard;

Again, this is nothing new but I though it was nice of the mechanic to mention that.

Cheers,
D

Last edited:

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
I am sure many of you guys already know this but the recommendation was that if I want my turbo to last longer to try to follow the following:

1. wait 5min after the oil temp reaches 90C before starting driving more aggressively;

2. wait 2-3min after you are ready to turn off the engine after aggressive driving. basically let the car run for an extra 2-3 min before turning it off. this gives the engine a chance to cool off the flaming turbos after being pushed hard;

Again, this is nothing new but I though it was nice of the mechanic to mention that.

Cheers,
D

Good advice. I never touch boost until the car is warmed up completely.