GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2010 VW Golf TDI MK6, 6 spd manual, 151k miles, extras -- Portland, OR -- $6,700

anathemort

SOLD for asking price. Leaving this for posterity.

We are switching to an all-electric and I am sadly putting my adventuresome Golf up for sale. Purchased in 2012 with 27k miles, I have all service records dating back to November 2012 when I bought the car in San Jose, California. It was first sold in Massachusettes but made its way to the previous owner very quickly and has spent the vast majority of its life on the unsalted sunny roads of California and Oregon. I have a clean title in hand, and there are no warnings lights or error codes present.

For pictures of everything, click HERE.

Timing belt and water pump replaced in May 2017 at 103,913 miles by independent shop

VW emissions modification completed in September 2017 at 113,794 miles by dealer

Takata airbag recall completed in October 2018 at 122,776 miles by dealer

Recent smog cleared in August 2022 at 146,445 miles

Other Good Stuff

• full size spare in good condition and holding pressure
  • average of 43.3 mpg over the last 8,200 miles
  • the last 100k miles have been predominantly highway miles
  • no rips or tears in any seats, all are in good shape
Items Of Note
In 2019, the car was in a front end collision with the back of a SUV. Airbags were not deployed, but I did have to replace the intercooler, radiator, front bumper, and hood. There is visible damage to the front right fender, but no rusting or rubbing issues. As a result of the after-market intercooler and a poorly-fitting hose, the EGR leaked and DPF failed and was filled with soot after about a year. I replaced the DPF and EGR, as well as the intercooler, with OEM parts, and no issues have arisen since. However, as a result of this work, the emissions modification stickers were lost as they were on parts that needed replacing. Paperwork and pictures of the stickers are available as seen in the album linked above.

The replacement hood has a black vinyl wrap with silver mountain cut-out, no bubbling or peeling observed.

The driver's door sticks (requires extra force to open) due to misalignment as a result of a jack slip. Surface rust is present at the rubbing point (lower right).

An oil pan leak stained the cargo mat in the back years ago. It is completely dry now.

The Extras

• dieselgeek short shift kit installed
  • Coverking fitted car cover in excellent condition
  • goose-neck 2" hitch with 4- and 7-way plugs -- 7-way is wired except the brake pedal, thus it's not quite ready for a brake controller but only one wire away
  • extra front wiper blade
  • set of four Blizzak studless snow tires in good condition -- stored in garage, used two seasons
  • set of four all-season floormats, as well as all four summer-season carpet mats

Last edited: