GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with front and fog lights please !!

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Heyy everyone, i'm new here, and i just got my 2010 gti tornado red..

nway i wondered if it was possible to leave the front lights on for like 20 or 30 seconds after i get out of the car... when i park it at night in the garage...
on the convenience i set the "coming home" and leaving home thing on and for 30 sec but as soon as i remove the keys from the ignition... the lights turn off immediately...

also my light is set at "auto"... is it possible to have it on auto and have the fog lights turned on automatically too?

thank you :)

2010 UG

Ready to race!
Being in the US I don't have coming home, but I'm fairly certain I've left the lights on a couple times and they eventually turned off on their own. Don't go just on my word though, as I tend to turn the headlights on as soon as I get in the car for some reason. But I really think there have been a few times that the lights were already on when I jumped in the car and they had turned themselves off at some point during the night.

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Being in the US I don't have coming home, but I'm fairly certain I've left the lights on a couple times and they eventually turned off on their own. Don't go just on my word though, as I tend to turn the headlights on as soon as I get in the car for some reason. But I really think there have been a few times that the lights were already on when I jumped in the car and they had turned themselves off at some point during the night.

mmm last time i checked, even if i have the lights on, as soon as i remove the key from ignition the lights turn off (except those inside the car)... doesn't matter if it is on auto or on.. but i'm gonna try that again just to be sure :)

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
If you do not have the auto switch this will happen. I just had my car VAG'd and had this turned on. I do not have an auto switch either. All you have to do on mine is pull the high beam stalk towards you once and when you get out of the car they will come on. The countdown on the time you set will start once the last door is closed on the car.

Kevin

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
If you do not have the auto switch this will happen. I just had my car VAG'd and had this turned on. I do not have an auto switch either. All you have to do on mine is pull the high beam stalk towards you once and when you get out of the car they will come on. The countdown on the time you set will start once the last door is closed on the car.

Kevin

Thanks man :)

Legohed

Ready to race!
Yes, leave the switch in "auto", engine off, then just before you take the keys out of the ignition "flash" (pull highbeam stalk towards you) and as soon as the keys come out - viola! These are the headlights btw, not fogs.

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
Yes, leave the switch in "auto", engine off, then just before you take the keys out of the ignition "flash" (pull highbeam stalk towards you) and as soon as the keys come out - viola! These are the headlights btw, not fogs.

yeah i just found that finally in the manual. thnx Legohed :)

my question about the fog lights is while i'm driving and i'm on "auto" (for the lights) if it's possible to have the front AND fog lights turn on together (not just the front lights) when the "auto" feature decides it's dark enough...