GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - deAutoKey LED Interior Lights

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to provide a quick review and comparison of deAutoKey and SuperBrightLED LED bulb offerings for the MK6 GTI interior lights. I'm a fan of bright, crisp, white light inside and outside of my car. I'm also obsessed with swapping all OEM bulbs with LED bulbs. Originally I started out with SuperBrightLED bulbs, they were cheap and worked effectively but over time though I noticed that the bulbs seemed to dim. When comparing the SuperBrightLED bulbs to deAutoKey bulbs, the deAutoKey bulbs are are a world of difference in terms of brightness and also quality. Below are the bulbs I received, note they look much different than SuperBrightLED's clear plastic bulbs with smaller LED chips.

Interior Lighting:
Below are some side by side comparisons of deAutoKey LED bulbs and SuperBrightLED LED bulbs. All bulbs were hyper white.

Dash:
Left Side = deAutoKey LED bulbs
Right Side = SuperBrightLED LED bulbs
Opinion: deAutoKey LED bulbs are much brighter, driver's side is clearly illuminated fully.

Footwells:
Opinion: deAutoKey LED bulbs are much brighter, this was the largest impact from changing bulbs.

Vanity:
Opinion: The bulbs were equal but the one thing I noticed was that the SuperBrightLED bulbs may have been oversized and stretched the metal prongs out. The OEM bulbs and deAutoKey LED bulbs were very loose inside the housing, simple fix was to use a small screwdriver to bend the prongs back into place.

Trunk:
Left Side = SuperBrightLED LED bulbs
Right Side = deAutoKey LED bulbs
Opinion: deAutoKey LED bulbs are much brighter, this was the second largest impact from changing bulbs. The SuperBrightLED bulbs would light up the right side of the trunk but the deAutoKey bulbs light up the entire trunk floor now. Again, I noticed that the SuperBrightLED bulbs may have been oversized and stretched the metal prongs out. The OEM bulbs and deAutoKey LED bulbs were very loose inside the housing, simple fix was to use a small screwdriver to bend the prongs back into place.

Rear Seats:
Left Side = SuperBrightLED LED bulbs
Right Side = deAutoKey LED bulbs
Opinion: deAutoKey LED bulbs were a tad brighter as you can tell from my child's baby seat ha!

Exterior Lighting:
After finishing the interior with deAutoKey LED bulbs, I started working on the exterior LED bulbs. First on the list were the LED license plate bulbs pictured below. I also have deAutoKey CREE LED 194 bulbs in the reverse lights (Golf R LED tail lights). In the near future I will be testing the side mirror puddle lights and the 4-door puddle light kit from deAutoKey.

OEM plate:

LED plate:

LED plate:

Overall:
Overall, deAutoKey's customer service is top knotch. They are super fast with shipping (NY to NJ) and provide near instant email responses to questions or order status. If I ever need to replace an interior or exterior LED bulb I will stick with deAutoKey's product line.