1. tint my backlights?
2. tint my windows?
3. put in a induction kit?
many thanks :thumbup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
smp85 said:
no, no, and no...what they don't know won't hurt you :thumbup:

x2. I'd only tell my insurance if I got some really expensive wheels, because the increase in premium would be worth it if they got stolen or badly damaged.

:headbang:

bilbos

On the Kop
Sorry, I am going to have to disagree.

You should tell your insurance if you make any modifications to your car. The reason why?.........if you make a claim and they find something that you didn't tell them was on the car, then they may refuse to pay out. Trust me, these companies just need an excuse.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
bilbos said:
Sorry, I am going to have to disagree.

You should tell your insurance if you make any modifications to your car. The reason why?.........if you make a claim and they find something that you didn't tell them was on the car, then they may refuse to pay out. Trust me, these companies just need an excuse.

I disagree because the laws about insurance companies not willing to pay are even stricter than the laws about dealers trying to void the warranty. Only tell the insurance about expensive mods that you want covered (mods that are alot more than your deductible). If you upgrade your wheels to a nice $$$ set, then yeah tell your insurance about them because you'll want them covered, because they can easily be damaged or stolen. If someone breaks your window, it's already covered, you'll just have to pay to re-tint it. If your intake breaks, you'll take it off and buy another one. Your deductible is probablly more than that intake, so it's not necessary to inform them.

:headbang:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
^^ exactly what hotlanta said -
But, when i went to pick up my GTI this weekend, the finance guy offered me a program that for 575 bucks, it will insure ANY type of wheels/ tires. aftermarket as well. so once i find out alittle more about this, i'll post some info.

the benefit i see in that is, you blow a tire on an 18x8 rim, your looking to spend 275 for the tire, right? blow 2 tires your at the cost of the program. hit a pot hole, bend a rim ( that might cost 300) etc... you get it.