GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car. Must be manual.

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
Hello all, Considering Fiat Abarth.. anyone drove one?

I'm considering a new car (or used) main concern is manual and fun to drive.

I've considered the Fiesta St but my rear end, doesn't fit in the sporty seats.

Any suggestions, I sat in an abarth at the autoshow and was impressed. But I'm open to other ideas. I'd like to have something that has potential to be almost as quick as my current stage 2 gti.

Thoughts?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
the abarth is slower than the gti also you have to sign a 6 month wait in order to buy one new, or a year later, but they're definitely more fun to drive than gti. you could try the cooper s, my high school buddy has a '10 cooper s pushing prob 300whp now, i think alta tuning, idk much about minis regarding for aftermarket

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
I see quite a bit of Abarths used in my area, I'm not dead set on an abarth, just an option. Thanks for the info, I'd have to consider a mini with the new one on the horizon.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I see quite a bit of Abarths used in my area, I'm not dead set on an abarth, just an option. There isnt much tuning potential to the current cooper s correct? I'm pretty much stuck with 180hp?

i don't know about new, yet at least for now, the jcw is really a tuned cooper s anyway. the new cooper s is 189 hp now, since its a new engine, tuning is a waiting game. fwiw mini's dealer oil change interval program or w/e is called is every 15k and thats when the oil consumption issues come into play, which is equivalent to water pump issues to our car as common problems.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
You can get the Fiesta ST without the Recaros, FYI. Worth a look if the Recaros were your primary reason for not seriously considering it.

wireless

Ready to race!
Focus ST recaro's are a lot more roomy than the Fiesta's.

You could also get a Civic Si. I know, I know - it's a civic... but they're a lot of fun to drive :) and they have an LSD from the factory.. hehe

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
the abarth is slower than the gti also you have to sign a 6 month wait in order to buy one new, or a year later, but they're definitely more fun to drive than gti. you could try the cooper s, my high school buddy has a '10 cooper s pushing prob 300whp now, i think alta tuning, idk much about minis regarding for aftermarket

What wait? There are at least 5 at my local Fiat dealer.

It's hard to compare the Abarth to the GTI, the GTI is very understated in comparison. The Abarth is significantly smaller, but much sportier, the exhaust sounds epic stock, one of the loudest OEM exhausts I've ever heard and it sounds very Italian. The Abarth is very fun to toss around corners, it is generally more fun to drive in my opinion.

Honestly the GTI is not that fast. If speed is your only worry then there are plenty of other cars in the same price range as the GTI that are faster.

vmatos12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all, Considering Fiat Abarth.. anyone drove one?

I'm considering a new car (or used) main concern is manual and fun to drive.

I've considered the Fiesta St but my rear end, doesn't fit in the sporty seats.

Any suggestions, I sat in an abarth at the autoshow and was impressed. But I'm open to other ideas. I'd like to have something that has potential to be almost as quick as my current stage 2 gti.

Thoughts?

Get a GTI lol.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I have not driven an Abarth, but I have driven a couple 500s. Worst clutch pedal I have ever experienced. Long and mushy. Terrible.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
What wait? There are at least 5 at my local Fiat dealer.

It's hard to compare the Abarth to the GTI, the GTI is very understated in comparison. The Abarth is significantly smaller, but much sportier, the exhaust sounds epic stock, one of the loudest OEM exhausts I've ever heard and it sounds very Italian. The Abarth is very fun to toss around corners, it is generally more fun to drive in my opinion.

Honestly the GTI is not that fast. If speed is your only worry then there are plenty of other cars in the same price range as the GTI that are faster.

There was a wait when they came out new, i considered one before the gti, and thats what they told me. I dont know if my area has less abarths for sale then your area.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Fiesta ST
Focus ST

2015 WRX
2015 GTI