GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM bi-xenon to OEM bi-xenon LED DRL conversion?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Need some help, what do I need to convert my stock bi-xenon headlights to the bi-xenon LED DRL version? Do I only need the left and right headlight assemblies?

https://www.partswebsite.com/1stvwparts/index.php?i=2&model=1955&make=157&year=2012&section=105&catid=45997&type=parts&subcatid=54144&item_collision=1&items=none&image=9281022&catid=45997

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Yes. But you will need to transfer the AFS modules, bulbs, and ballasts from your headlights to the LED headlights.

sent from mobile

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'm that's what I figured but I wasnt sure if I needed a separate wiring harness for the LED DRL part of the headlights.

Kufatec and ECS tuning sell wiring harnesses but these might be for halogen to xenon conversions.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'm that's what I figured but I wasnt sure if I needed a separate wiring harness for the LED DRL part of the headlights.

Kufatec and ECS tuning sell wiring harnesses but these might be for halogen to xenon conversions.

You will not need the harness.

sent from mobile

ESPO774

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone know if I can just buy 2 different used headlights from a 2012+ GTI, even if the part numbers are a little different due to build dates? will they work properly? I have a 2011 w/ OEM Xenons and rep LED tail lights by the way. just plug and play for me? any issues with the LED tails? thanks!!

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
anyone know if I can just buy 2 different used headlights from a 2012+ GTI, even if the part numbers are a little different due to build dates? will they work properly? I have a 2011 w/ OEM Xenons and rep LED tail lights by the way. just plug and play for me? any issues with the LED tails? thanks!!

Don't see why not. The only thing I can think of is maybe the LED DRL color will differ slightly if different LED (batch, lot, part number, etc) were used for some reason.

sent from mobile