GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0106 Code

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Anybody else have this? I've had it intermittently for a few months know. Got it scanned and basically it could be a number of things. I don't want to take it to the dealer. The car runs fine and doesn't have any other codes.

Oh yes. Super common on 2.5's with an aftermarket intake. Cleaning the throttle body and MAP sensor may help, as will cleaning the intake mani if that doesn't solve it. Also, there was a software update out there to get the "acceptable value" range widened to prevent the actual error from triggering.

Just do a quick Google on 2.5L P0106 and you'll find a lot of hits.

I have a P-Flo with nearly 80k miles. Mine threw the code for a while every day, I eventually got the software update and it's only thrown the code once since.

It might be worth a VCDS scan to verify if it really *is* the common code, but yeah, it won't hurt the car at all.

gugu1981

Passed Driver's Ed
if you have a fairly stock car, then it's most likely due to oil blow by that has since coated your MAP sensor.

Remove MAP sensor, clean out oil residue, clean intake manifold if you have the time. Install catchcan.

A friend's 2012 2.5 had persistent P0106 code that wouldn't go away. After cleaning MAP sensor thoroughly (and there was definitely enough oil to coat the sucker), the error went away. Catchcan installed 2 weeks later for safe measure.

Peter

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Reviving this old thread coz new info.

Been helping a neighbour with a Jetta 2.5 resolve his P0106 error after he tried cleaning Replacing PCV Diaphragm, cleaning Intake Manifold and PCV hose of oil but each time the code would return coz the oil would coat the MAP Sensor.

After all that, we finally replaced the Valve Cover gasket two weeks ago (as per GURU1981 Page2) and the MAP Sensor has been relatively clean and more important, no P0106 code.

Educated guess, the stock system is under high vacuum but under control by the PCV Diaphragm the oil/air movement is low; but when there is a leak in the engine more air is sucked through PCV system drawing more oil/air through the system and coating the MAP Sensor.

Last edited: