GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PCV Fix

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Hello all, I hope to make this post for future reference if anyone has issues. It is well documented online but just wanted to add here.

I had this exact noise here ONLY on idle and without giving it throttle:

Opened up my PCV diaphragm, which is a pain in the butt- be sure to remove coil packs 3 and 4 to help - and really highly recommend using small picks, don't even mess around with anything else.

I found a tear in the diaphragm and replaced with the "indestructible one" HERE

The only thing I can't recreate is when I remove the dipstick my engine is unchanged and does not bog down as seen in some videos. I do have a boost tap and was curious if this prevents that behavior?

1627225465636.png

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The only thing I can't recreate is when I remove the dipstick my engine is unchanged and does not bog down as seen in some videos. I do have a boost tap and was curious if this prevents that behavior?

You have it backwards. If your car is running like shit and you pull the dipstick and it runs better, it means your PCV is busted and not venting crankcase gases. By pulling the dipstick or taking the oil cap off you are releasing the pent up crankcase gases so your car runs better.