GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potential electrical issue?

Kalais-rose

Hey guys,

so I’ve had abit of issue with my right drivers side headlight getting water inside it over the past few days. The issue now it the car it’s throwing a ASF code and the headlight itself has completely stopped working but the indicator still does. I’ve tried replacing the bulb but it seems as if the actual power cable the bulb plugs into now has no power supply to it at all! I’ve pulled out the main power plug to the headlight aswell and round some water inside of it but I do t understand how it got in there when the plug has been sealed this whole time. I’ve removed the bulb out of the unit for now as they cost me $150 each. Reckon I’ll need to call and auto electrician? This cars cost me almost 4K alone in repairs this month and I’m now looking at another 3k to fix more gearbox issues. Seems like I got a lemon haha

GolfRfrontend

Go Kart Newbie
You need new headlight, afs, ballast and new headlight connector and re-pin are wires because once there’s water corrosion it’s fried. Good luck

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Check fuses. What should happen is that if water causes a short the fuse blows. It's possible that you need a new headlight assembly, but hopefully there is a fuse installled just for this purpose.