GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattle/stalling under load

Mozzland

Hey all,

I have a 2013 GTI with 110k on the odo. Getting sound like a chain rubbing over a tin can or plastic when going up hill, car stalled but started right back up. Car drove normally on flat ground with no issues. Today car making same sound, losing power and stalling around 3k rpm on flat ground. Pulled codes and getting a P0341. Parked it and changed out the cam position sensor, tested it and still the same problem. Noise coming from passenger side engine bay. Really hoping this isn’t a timing chain issue. Anyone experience anything similar? Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Stop driving it right now and do the timing chain. If you keep running it you'll have serious issues. Might still have them but if it's running that's a good sign.

Mozzland

Stop driving it right now and do the timing chain. If you keep running it you'll have serious issues. Might still have them but if it's running that's a good sign.
I have it parked at the moment. No way I can do the timing chain myself, I watched a few videos and it’s out of my scope. Going to have to trailer it to a mechanic