GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REAR WINDOW SIDE TRIMS...

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
I was wondering if anyone as put the MK7GTI rear hatch window trims on their MK6 GTI ,does any else than the VW dealers sell those pieces ?
I have read that it helps with gas mileage ? & since my car is black I was thinking of getting a set if it's not too expensive .

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I was wondering if anyone as put the MK7GTI rear hatch window trims on their MK6 GTI ,does any else than the VW dealers sell those pieces ?
I have read that it helps with gas mileage ? & since my car is black I was thinking of getting a set if it's not too expensive .

Post pics so I can see what you're talking about

relicstrat

Passed Driver's Ed
Post pics so I can see what you're talking about

pretty sure he is talking about these.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Very seriously doubt MK7 ones would fit a MK6.
The cars may look very similar at a glance, but every panel, trim piece, and section of glass is different.

Perhaps some aftermarket company will sell them designed for a MK6.

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
I have a new MK7 and honestly I hate them and wish they never put them on the car. Do they look nice yes but they are installed with double sided tape. They just aren't holding up I have had my MK7 for 4 weeks as of the 4th and already had to go to the dealer to have them fix one that was loose.

If they do end up fitting I would buy a couple extra rolls of tape. When I get our MK6 back from the shop I will see if it will fit because I am thinking about just removing them rather than dealing with them getting loose all the time.

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a new MK7 and honestly I hate them and wish they never put them on the car. Do they look nice yes but they are installed with double sided tape. They just aren't holding up I have had my MK7 for 4 weeks as of the 4th and already had to go to the dealer to have them fix one that was loose.

If they do end up fitting I would buy a couple extra rolls of tape. When I get our MK6 back from the shop I will see if it will fit because I am thinking about just removing them rather than dealing with them getting loose all the time.

If you get around to fitting them let us Know how they look ( pictures would be great )
Thank's !