GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Still Take Care With Mk8 Keyfobs

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Quoting self: "So: 2021 1.5 Manual Style: whilst removing change out of my pocket I noticed 'something' (not moths;)) fall to the floor, put my foot on it seemed to be a piece of metal. As one for 'picking up junk' I picked it up, seemed familar & long story short was a metal clip from my iginition keyfob, holds in the removable metal key :oops:. Dunno why it fell out, not tampered with said keyfob or needed to change battery recently, but had I not being a tad nosey & 'one for picking up junk', one of my keyfobs would likely have needed replacement, or at least repair. Dunno what happened, or why, with a bit of fiddling I replaced said clip, checked other keyfob was perfectly fine, never happened with previous Golf keyfobs, nutshell: be careful with Mk8 keyfobs."

It happened again, this time I was changing the wee button battery, opened plastic cover, a 'ping' & said clip attempted launch into a low Earth orbit, luckily I wasn't that surprised & saw where it landed. Seems a bit of an issue, as is button batteries only lasting a couple of weeks lately for some reason. Un-ideal but not over-fussed, car is on PCP just a few months left, but still be careful with keyfob & clips.....