GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stupid prizes

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Sitting at a light at a 5 way intersection. Been stuck behind a very slow car for a few miles on a road where there is no where to legally pass for many miles. I hear some crotch rockets revving. I look to my left. They wanted me to look. My light goes green. The car ahead proceeds to do 35 in a 50 and there's no safe (or legal) place to pass. So I settle in for the long slow ride. I see lights darting in and out behind me. It's the bikes making their way passing cars on the shoulder and in to oncoming traffic. They get behind me. Sit for a minute then fly off passing me and the slow car ahead. One on our left the other on the shoulder. I thought stupid kids. Tshirts and jeans. Never pass on the shoulder. That's where all the garbage is. 5 minutes down the road I came up on this. The kid is in the woods. There are people with him. He was moaning but it really didn't look good. Other bike never stopped. Some old lady crying someone hit her from behind and she saw a body fly past her car. Hope he gets to live and learn.
PXL_20230804_002630143.jpg

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Hard to keep the ego & excitement in check on the motorcycle.

Honestly one of the hardest parts of riding is using your head and trying to be careful. Super easy & fun to zip around cars going fast but its not usually the best idea.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Hard to keep the ego & excitement in check on the motorcycle.

Honestly one of the hardest parts of riding is using your head and trying to be careful. Super easy & fun to zip around cars going fast but its not usually the best idea.
Ya I get it. It's not always easy keeping you're emotions and excitement in check when riding. I've ridden for 30+ and even now I have to actively keep myself grounded. There's a time and a place to let loose and this particular road ain't it. I was more upset cuz they looked young (around my own boys age) and when he passed me on the right I'm like oh no not the shoulder. I hope he made it but I don't know yet

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Ya I get it. It's not always easy keeping you're emotions and excitement in check when riding. I've ridden for 30+ and even now I have to actively keep myself grounded. There's a time and a place to let loose and this particular road ain't it. I was more upset cuz they looked young (around my own boys age) and when he passed me on the right I'm like oh no not the shoulder. I hope he made it but I don't know yet
Time and a place, 100%

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I rode my bike recklessly once. A car made a left in front of me, and I almost hit him. I sold the bike, because I obviously couldn't control my need for speed at only 17.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
I rode my bike recklessly once. A car made a left in front of me, and I almost hit him. I sold the bike, because I obviously couldn't control my need for speed at only 17.
That's the problem with bikes. Even if you're not riding recklessly and they decide to make that left when you're on top of them there's almost nothing you can do. I generally assume every car is about to make a left across the front of me when I ride. It's nuts here in Jersey and getting worse. Even if you're behaving. But it feels so good to ride and I've only got a couple of good years left so hopefully I'm safe til I decide to hang it up

king1138

Go Kart Champion
That's the problem with bikes. Even if you're not riding recklessly and they decide to make that left when you're on top of them there's almost nothing you can do. I generally assume every car is about to make a left across the front of me when I ride. It's nuts here in Jersey and getting worse. Even if you're behaving. But it feels so good to ride and I've only got a couple of good years left so hopefully I'm safe til I decide to hang it up
I gave up riding a few years ago because of how many close calls I had. Those folks doing the turn left in front of motorcycles are so oblivious. And with so many people texting while driving, I just couldn't keep riding. I thought I would miss it, but I really don't. There's something to be said for not stressing every time you drive around town.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I gave up riding a few years ago because of how many close calls I had. Those folks doing the turn left in front of motorcycles are so oblivious. And with so many people texting while driving, I just couldn't keep riding. I thought I would miss it, but I really don't. There's something to be said for not stressing every time you drive around town.
I found that bicycles fill the void of motorcycles, for me anyway. I love to ride and will probably get another bike again, but bicycles are fun in a very similar way. Still scary to bicycle on public roads with cagers texting and driving everywhere all the time.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
I found that bicycles fill the void of motorcycles, for me anyway. I love to ride and will probably get another bike again, but bicycles are fun in a very similar way. Still scary to bicycle on public roads with cagers texting and driving everywhere all the time.
Funny you mention bicycles. I'm looking at a Trek right now. Even been scoping out safe(ish) places to ride.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Funny you mention bicycles. I'm looking at a Trek right now. Even been scoping out safe(ish) places to ride.
Biking is one of many things that gives me happiness (flow state, specifically). Driving for fun has cut into my bicycle fun and I feel like it’s time to adjust focus from my car to other fun activities again.

I recently bought a used Specialized Tarmac for about $1k, which is a great deal on a $7k (new) bicycle. I hate losing money on bikes so I almost always buy used. I’ve only ridden it once as I need different cassette to climb the hills where I live, but still, it’s a steal and shouldn’t depreciate much more. Stoked for you to get a bicycle. Post up a picture if you’re willing to share!

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Biking is one of many things that gives me happiness (flow state, specifically). Driving for fun has cut into my bicycle fun and I feel like it’s time to adjust focus from my car to other fun activities again.

I recently bought a used Specialized Tarmac for about $1k, which is a great deal on a $7k (new) bicycle. I hate losing money on bikes so I almost always buy used. I’ve only ridden it once as I need different cassette to climb the hills where I live, but still, it’s a steal and shouldn’t depreciate much more. Stoked for you to get a bicycle. Post up a picture if you’re willing to share!
I'll definitely post a pic. I don't know squat about bikes. In other words the Trek I'm looking at is a thousand bucks. But I don't know what makes it a grand 😂 I just know I want something light and a hybrid but with thinner tires more geared towards the street than trails. And something with a front tire that comes off easily so I can toss it in the hatch 🤘🏼