GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sub/Amp setup for a mk6?

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
First up I wondered do any mk6 golfs come with a bass sub and amp setup from the factory? I know a fair few big audis do and while I was impressed that the stock system on the golf is pretty good I want more bass!

In my mk3 I have a sony 200 watt amp (about 9 years old now and its good quality) and a JBL 12" sub in a box thats fitted into the passenger side of the boot in the bit where the first aid kit goes, the mk6 there is less room there so I thought maybe I might fit a 10" sub so I can have a smaller box.

The next question is, what about getting a power lead to the amplifier? did VW run anything in the loom as standard? wheres a good place to run it as I'm not sure I want to take a car to bits to much I have only had hours!

Also what about phono connections on the back of the 310 head unit you can get, is it a plug in adaptor like earlier units? is there away to feed my arm up through the dash without taking (too many) screws out?

Its about the one upgrade I want to make to my S model golf as the rest seems spot on I think!

Any good websites or install links much appreciated :)

whitford

on my mk6, i've put:
- Alpine PDX amp - fits nicely underneath the seat.
- Replaced to Hertz speakers for all 4.
- Dynamat on all 4 doors.
- Add in media - in kit, and plug in a 320 GB hard drive to the 310.
- Bluetooth kit.

Love it..... Love the sound.....

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
Gives a bit of food for thought having a look there, I think for me I'm not fond of taking to much to bits, with my mk3 being a 15 year old car I didnt really car but as this is a new car and costing a few bob I'm keen to put in stuff thats easy to put in/take out.

I know I have a sony 222watt xplod amp, its quite small and I think it should be upto the job to run a suitable sub (as my mk3s amp was a 200watt sony but a biggish unit) and its nice and red in colour so it'll match my car!

In the past for the most part I have had a 12" sub, I am wondering if there is much difference with a 10" sub? obviously a smaller sub needs a smaller box and might actually fit in the car!