GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The easiest clutch stop for mk6 gti ever

robdezy15

Ok so I was with all the people out there that wonder why there is so much dead space in my gti clutch peddle,, meaning I could let the clutch off the floor for a good distance without any grab almost only had grab right at the end of the release. So I like everybody else started looking for a clutch stop on the aftermarket scene and I found one on Etsy like I’m sure a lot of you have… so I purchased the stop off of Etsy and drove with it for a few miles and it was awesome the car would move instantly as I let the clutch off the floor but when I parked and turned car off ( in line at DuPont security guard shack) worst place ever for my car not to start but that’s what happen the car didn’t think the clutch pedal was not compressed so I panicked and tore the stop out and car started right up (thank god) so then I stumbled across this thread and decided Lowes was my next stop but sadly my Lowe’s didn’t have the same products the OP listed so here I am again no stop and not the same parts this thread told me to purchase… then I saw it these legs right here might work so I purchased them twisted white nut I guess you can call it all the way up against the bottom of the base and took my pocket knife and shaved off some of the white nut away and then placed it in the stop hole and used the actual clutch pedal to mushhh the white peace into the hole and Wala it popped in its secure and my car starts every time I decompress the pedal but the shifts are a dream now no dead space in pedal at all purchase these if you want a simple easy clutch stop and install… In the first pic is what to buy the 2nd pic is the clutch stop with the white nut up against base and the 3rd is the white nut with all the flanges cut off and made smooth all the way around once you think you’ve trimmed enough off place it in hole and use clutch pedal to push the white nut into hole and it will be secure and ready to go if your car don’t start you might wanna put some more leg muscle into pushing into the hole or trim some more off and try again.
IMG_4913.jpeg
IMG_4914.jpeg
IMG_4915.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I mean, I'm running the ECS one and have no issues. Glad you found a solution as well but I hammer on my peddle on the track, it goes hard in and comes right out often, I would be worried I would just pound that weak plastic in and start getting slop.

robdezy15

I’ll be sure to let you know if I have any issues with it falling out…. Been two weeks so far and it’s still in there firm and best believe I’m no light foot on the clutch peddle either lol