GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Timing Chain/Tensioner Settlement

rezadu

Ready to race!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are under 100k miles, then it should be covered by the extended warranty.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are under 100k miles, then it should be covered by the extended warranty.
I thought this was the case as well.
OP - have you had your dealership run your VIN to see if it’s covered?

Fast505

I received my settlement last week. $1100 which was the maximum for not having it done at the dealer (I did it myself). Took over a year I think to get the check.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I received my settlement last week. $1100 which was the maximum for not having it done at the dealer (I did it myself). Took over a year I think to get the check.
Wow you're the first person I've seen to ever get any money after doing the work themselves.
@Fast505 did your engine have tensioner failure or did you do the work as preventative maintenance?

Fast505

BTW, filing was a total pain in the ass. The documentation requested was over the top. In addition, my claim was invalidated initially and it was totally bogus. I had to call them and ask what was actually wrong with the claim. Turned out nothing. They made a mistake. They sent me a subsequent letter saying all was good and then I got a second letter claiming I was not compliant! I called back again to straighten them out. So, there was a lot of pain involved. Had I any inclination there would be a class action I would've taken to the dealer and had the tensioner and chains replaced. Reimbursement through a dealer would've been far easier.