GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SOLD) [US - Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania] 2013 Volkswagen GTI - 124,000 Miles - Drivers Edition DSG

G3Rizon

Passed Driver's Ed
Price: (SOLD) Thank you for looking!

Please note: I am not in an immediate rush to sell and will be entirely transparent about the vehicle and it's current condition so that any would-be buyers have the best idea of where their money is going.

Though I wish I could keep it, I have another vehicle being built and on it's way here mid-April and only have so much garage space. As such, my GTI will have to find a new home, ideally to someone with knowledge of these vehicles or the know-how to go onto enjoy it in their own way and resolve known issues on their own accord without overspending on the vehicle itself. The vehicle is still my current daily driver, drives and performs well, and as such the mileage may reflect minor changes based on trips, etc.

2013 Volkswagen GTI
  • 4/5 Door Model
  • 124,000 Miles (slightly below but may rise a bit based on necessary commutes)
  • Automatic (DSG) Transmission (6-Speed)
  • Drivers Edition Trim Level (Laguna/Watkins Glen Wheels, Leather Sport Seats, Dark Interior Trim, Touchscreen Navigation + Aux + Bluetooth Audio, HID Self Leveling Lights, Sunroof, Golf Ball Shift Knob, Red Stitched Floor Mats, Red Stitched Seat Belts, Black Mirror Caps )
  • Deep Black Pearl Metallic Paint
  • 18" OEM Laguna/Watkins Glen Wheels with Newer Firehawk Indy 500 Summer Performance Tires
    • Spare Black (Plastidip/Spray Can - Second Owner) 17 inch MK5 Jetta Wheels w/ Blizzak WS90(?) Tires
  • Replacement Smoked Corner Lights
12 year old vehicle - Minor dents, scrapes, chips, bruises, etc. One larger (1x1 inch) dent in passenger side pillar. 1 larger scratch on front bumper bottom passenger side corner. Laguna/Watkins Glen wheels have various levels of curb rashing and or scrapes/scratches.

Since my ownership, the car has been largely garage kept, hand washed, maintained by me where available and/or trusted shops otherwise. Automatic/DSG Fluid Service performed at 98,000 miles, as well as an Intake Valve Media Blast/Cleaning and new spark plugs. Car has within the past 6 months had new Centric High Carbon Rotors and Powerstop Evolution Sport Carbon Fiber Ceramic brake pads with new hardware installed as well as a new intake air filter, and new cabin air filter. All oil changes have been done at 3,000-3,500 mile intervals using Mobil-1 Euro or Castrol GTX Synthetic 5W-30 oils and Mann filters.

Known Issues:
  • Headliner sag over rear dome light - a common occurrence on these vehicles.
  • Passenger Side Glove box Handle Broken - Glove box still opens but requires manually moving the latch. I do this with my key or something similar. Original latch included with key barrel. Dealership quoted a very cheap fix but never got around to it as I only ever used this spot for paperwork.
  • P2015 Check Engine Light and associated Engine Codes - TSI Intake Manifold Runner Position Failure - Occurred at just over 120,000 miles. This part is warrantied by VW for 120,000 but due to the slight variance in my mileage, VW was unable to support under the warranty system. This is a common failure in the TSI Intake Manifolds for the MK6 generation with a plethora of detail available on the internet from enthusiasts, techs, etc. It is recommended to replace the intake manifold with one consisting of the updated design. From what I understand, this is not a difficult fix and there are tons of resources online to assist with the process. The parts necessary to fix the issue can be found on many popular Euro vehicle part sites (ECS Tuning, Urotuning, FCP Euro, etc.) typically from $250.00 - $450.00. In this vehicles case, this instance of the issue does not cause the vehicle to go into any sort of limp mode and may very well be the sensor sweep position being read improperly, though I'm not certain. I cannot observe any noticeable difference in the vehicles operation or performance since the issue occurred apart from a slightly lower or "jumpy" idle at rest. The vehicle has done a number of trips back and forth to client sites in New Jersey, Long Island, Philadelphia, and more without issue and still remains a blast to spiritedly drive through the back roads.
Attached are recent photos of the vehicle. If you have interest, questions, or concerns please feel free to reach out. I will provide any and all detail that I can.

Have a good day!

Imgur Link:

Last edited:

henrylun

Ready to race!
I sent you a dm