GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What broke on your 2.5 since you own it?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I also bought a new ECU with tune, IMMO delete and SAI/CAT delete. I have a pricey ECU even used so it was cheaper to get it already tuned and IMMO deleted. I am hoping this solves my driveability issue once and for all. It is so hit and miss I feel it has to be the ECU. I drive it it drives like crap. I stop at the bank get back in and it drives great. Stop for a taco and it drives like crap again. No rhyme or reason and I can tell immediately as I cannot start in 1st without clutch chatter when it is acting up as the throttle is all over the place. Many times I have replaced things and it has gone away for a week or so only to return.

If this doesn't fix it likely the car will be going to a new home this winter as driving in Los Angeles with the throttle the way it is is very difficult and unpleasant.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I also bought a new ECU with tune, IMMO delete and SAI/CAT delete. I have a pricey ECU even used so it was cheaper to get it already tuned and IMMO deleted. I am hoping this solves my driveability issue once and for all. It is so hit and miss I feel it has to be the ECU. I drive it it drives like crap. I stop at the bank get back in and it drives great. Stop for a taco and it drives like crap again. No rhyme or reason and I can tell immediately as I cannot start in 1st without clutch chatter when it is acting up as the throttle is all over the place. Many times I have replaced things and it has gone away for a week or so only to return.

If this doesn't fix it likely the car will be going to a new home this winter as driving in Los Angeles with the throttle the way it is is very difficult and unpleasant.
:iono: I thought you fixed this with the small hose on the connection to the throttle body.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
:iono: I thought you fixed this with the small hose on the connection to the throttle body.

It fixed the rev issue but eventually threw a code and I noticed the E80 was on all the time. I think the rev issue and the throttle response issue are 2 separate issues. They may be related but IDK and it's actually getting worse. I'm having a hell of a time driving the car cleanly lately and when it wants to behave it really is like driving a totally different car and I can drive it very well. It has to either be a sensor somewhere or the ECU. I read on another forum somewhere someone had a very similar issue and the dealer replaced the ECU and it fixed it. Lately is is bad most of the time.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
It fixed the rev issue but eventually threw a code and I noticed the E80 was on all the time. I think the rev issue and the throttle response issue are 2 separate issues. They may be related but IDK and it's actually getting worse. I'm having a hell of a time driving the car cleanly lately and when it wants to behave it really is like driving a totally different car and I can drive it very well. It has to either be a sensor somewhere or the ECU. I read on another forum somewhere someone had a very similar issue and the dealer replaced the ECU and it fixed it. Lately is is bad most of the time.
The fact that it gets worst usually means that there is compensation by the ECU but the effect is additive in this case so the condition gets worst IDK either.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I forgot to update this thread, in the spring we replace the right front wheel bearing, during the winter it started making a noise, Replaced the front brake pads while we were in there.