GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's ordering a MK7 and which one? (Poll)

Which model are you going to buy once the MK7 is out?

• Total voters
Since it's getting closer and closer to the release date of the MK7s, who is going to get a VW MK7 once they are out in North America?
Assuming we will get these models, if you are going to buy a MK7 please select one of the options on the poll.
If you are not going to be buying one, you can pick the last option.

In the comments, state which model you are wanting to purchase and which body style and color.

The contenders:

MK7 GOLF GTI

GTI

If they will offer the PP (perfomance pack) - will you get the regular one or pay more for it?

PP Version

Golf GTI PP version

MK7 Golf 1.8T

Golf BlueMotion

MK7 Golf TDI

MK7 Golf GTD

Golf GTD

MK7 Golf R

Golf R-Midnight Blue

Golf R- Red

Walk Around and Interior Reviews of other models

Golf Wagon

Golf R-Line

Please refrain from posting disrespectful comments to others just because you don't like the mk7. Just say your piece and let it go. This thread is for people who are actually going to buy the mk7.

Last edited:
Golf R - Lapis Blue - 4 Door (They haven't announced if they will bring a 2 door in the future) DSG

Planned mods:

Stage 2+
Air Ride (bags)
Led taillights ( 99% sure we won't be getting them again)
Performance Exhaust

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
If the rumors are true that VWoA not allowing any mods then its gonna be a big nope. Im gonna go with team douche bags aka BMW or I will pay my R and buy and S2k

Canthoney

Passed Driver's Ed
Golf R - Lapis Blue - 4 Door (They haven't announced if they will bring a 2 door in the future) DSG

Planned mods:

Stage 2+
Air Ride (bags)
Led taillights ( 99% sure we won't be getting them again)
Performance Exhaust

Basically the same for me. But how are you 99% we won't be getting LED taillights?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Because they are not DOT complaint.

The current LEDs aren't compliant, but do you know for sure that the mk7's LEDs will also be non-compliant? I'm not so sure I'm that big of a fan of the new LEDs anyways to tell you the truth. Kind of curious what the non-LED tails will look like. Any ideas?

I plan on going for a mk7 R by the way. Lapis Blue (unless some other more interesting color is offered), stage 2+, as many UniBraces as Bruce makes for the platform, probably a set of Eibach lowering springs (depending on the drop factory vs Eibach), maybe a set of sways, as soon as it's available I'll probably switch back to central exhaust (the one mistake I think they made with the new R), wheels, and whatever else comes to mind along the way I guess.

The current LEDs aren't compliant, but do you know for sure that the mk7's LEDs will also be non-compliant? I'm not so sure I'm that big of a fan of the new LEDs anyways to tell you the truth. Kind of curious what the non-LED tails will look like. Any ideas?

I plan on going for a mk7 R by the way. Lapis Blue (unless some other more interesting color is offered), stage 2+, as many UniBraces as Bruce makes for the platform, probably a set of Eibach lowering springs (depending on the drop factory vs Eibach), maybe a set of sways, as soon as it's available I'll probably switch back to central exhaust (the one mistake I think they made with the new R), wheels, and whatever else comes to mind along the way I guess.

They are already testing GTI's here in USA, and they are supposed to come with LED taillights stock.

This is from the thread where a MK7 showed up to a local meet by a VWoA rep.

Nice another R! Yeah I'm between white and blue. Nice list of mods, should be fun modding a stock 300hp car, btw we get 280 according VWoA for not getting multi-port injection, just direct. Golf r in europe comes with both.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
They won't be coming with led tailights. They have said the led tailights may be coming later. But (and probably always be the case) for the next couple of years it's getting the normal lights. (Edit: which is seen on the pictures above this). And that's seen on the US versions seen so far.

There are plenty of threads and pics of the US versions out there.

I am seriously considering getting a mk7. Think it looks fantastic and better in person. Don't like the center console though. But probably sense will prevail and I'll just stick with the mk6 as mk7 doesn't offer much worth owing a lot more money for.

Last edited:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
You guys seeing anything new about R release dates? I remember reading somewhere that we might be seeing it as early as Feb 2015 in Canada, but that was a while ago...