GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why is the 'floor' shifter on the DSG car reversed?

Awry

Ready to race!
I can agree to that. It comes down to personal preferences. I have no problem with it when a select few who have driven SMG first and/or experienced driving racing cars consider the SMG way to be more natural. I have no problem with it, either, when those who have no such experience and have only driven conventional automatic gearbox say pushing to upshift is more natural to them.

I agree that it's all up to personal preference. :) My point is that everyone can learn to shift both ways so VW might as well have chosen the shift method that makes it easier to shift during acceleration and deceleration instead of the opposite.

daihard

Ready to race!
I agree that it's all up to personal preference. :) My point is that everyone can learn to shift both ways so VW might as well have chosen the shift method that makes it easier to shift during acceleration and deceleration instead of the opposite.
The SMG method may be easier to execute under race conditions (i.e. a lot of acceleration, deceleration, etc), but I don't see how it is any easier under normal circumstances. This has already been discussed in the first part of this thread. :)