GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

evosky

Passed Driver's Ed
here's my nearly stock 5door ... hopefully can get some wheels, apr stage 1, and a drop in the spring!
gonna debadge the rear this weekend. was trying to debadge the front, but realized that the grille has a cutout for the front emblem :facepalm:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Some shower pictures.. And a clean one

Nice car, I like the color, are you anywhere around Totawa, i have friends/relatives in that area, and can you divulge what Project 337 is? and (not trying to be smart a** but your Denver''s look like my Detroit's. :)

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
The huffs look the best on CSG, nice cars guys.

Project337

Go Kart Champion
Nice car, I like the color, are you anywhere around Totawa, i have friends/relatives in that area, and can you divulge what Project 337 is? and (not trying to be smart a** but your Denver''s look like my Detroit's. :)

Thanks! My first GTI was a 2002 337. I've had the name for so long Project337 (on VwVortex since 2002) that I just stuck with it when I got my MK5 and now with my MK6.

I hear ya on the Wheel thing. When I had my MK5, they were always known as Huff's. VW.com (when your building a car) calls them Denver's (which I always thought to be the 17's), so I went with Denver.

I hope that makes sense LOL

P.s. I'm 5 min outside of Totowa, pass it every day to go to work.

Project.

Skywarp23

Ready to race!
Here's a few pics of mine now that I have her in California.

Attachments

• My GTI Overlooking Lompoc.jpg
    My GTI Overlooking Lompoc.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 1,252
  • My GTI Overlooking Lompoc 3.jpg
    My GTI Overlooking Lompoc 3.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 1,416
  • My GTI Front Side.jpg
    My GTI Front Side.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 2,041
  • My GTI Front Angle 20.jpg
    My GTI Front Angle 20.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 938
  • My GTI Rear Debadged.jpg
    My GTI Rear Debadged.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,607
  • My GTI Bi Xenon.jpg
    My GTI Bi Xenon.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 952

VDub905

Passed Driver's Ed
today's little mod.

a small mod i did today:

Moved the GTI badge. I de-badged it, but didn't like it. Looks clean, but I wanted to do something different. Yes, it isn't perfectly centered. I tried and think its pretty damn close. Nothing noticeable. Thoughts? Should I keep it? Remove it? I also have the german flag badge from eurobadgez.com and might readjust to include it.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 808

gti_loki

Ready to race!
905, that'll be hard to center by eye. The "GTI" has an off-center visual weight. I don't think it looks good there. I say get the German colors on one side and the GTI on the other. You can always go retro with the GTI badge too. It's what I plan to do.

IE

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
This thread makes me happy.

My CSG 3-Door 2011 MKVI GTI w/ Sunroof just got reached the port in Davisville, RI on Monday -- hopefully she'll be at my dealership by the weekend ... I'll post some pictures of her next to my 2004 MKIV GTI VR6 before I officially hand over the keys for the trade-in.

In the meantime, seeing all your pictures makes me happy :). Keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

spretsnijev

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's mine. Photo taken just outside Gardiner, with the mountains of Montana on the background...

Attachments

• P1000848.jpg
    P1000848.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 1,098

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

The wheels, stance and tint, a killer combination. :w00t: