GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New + Trade in

dcarony

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the help everyone. I get my tints done at Auto Lovers in Middletown, NY; $200 for a four door. They have a lifetime warranty and apply the tint all the way up to the top edge, whereas most places leave a space at the top. My girl opened the windows after an ice storm and scraped part of the tint off, after I had them for four years, and they replaced the tint on both windows no questions asked. I didn't even have the receipt or any paperwork.

As far as the optional plans, I'm going to add some numbers for anyone else that is in the process. I didn't go for any of them. If I could haggle the costs down significantly I might consider them, but I work nights so I wasn't up for it.

The maintenance plan included services upto 70k miles, so it would only include one DSG service (which up here runs +/- $500). At over $1500, it isn't worthwhile. The first two services are free anyway, which reduces the "value" even more.

The wheel and tire plan looked promising at a little over $700, but the deductibles and plan limits turned me off to it. I'll just buy a set of tires with roadhazard to replace the OEM, maybe a winter set of steelies to protect the rims.

The Dent and Scratch plan I don't remember much about. The extended warranty either, sorry. My local dealer emailed me, I told them I already bought a car, they responded that if I got a better deal to come in with the purchase order and they'll give me $50. I'll stop in one day when I pass it on my errands and see if it pans out.

francisB

The 2014 Wolfsburg 4DR auto is cool. It suits your personality. Buying a car is one of the largest purchases American consumers will make in their lifetime, but getting a loan through the dealer is also one of the least transparent financial transactions. Casual reports are coming out that car dealerships are going to reduce markups on insurance products and financing for customers. The dealer insurance, on extended warranties and gap coverage, and dealer finance markup could be steep. Car dealerships are keen to not alienate customers or entice federal attention.