GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 02-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
ahard48
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Wolfsburg Powered By Paypal
Looks great, the car has really transformed.
APR Stage 1 l APR Carbonio Intake 1+ 2 l OEM Roof Rack l DeAutoKey l Nokya 2500k Fogs l 35% Tint l CW Rear Inlay l HPA shifter/42dd bushings l P3 Vent Gauge l ST Coilovers l Eurojet DP l Beluga Exhaust
ahard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #16
KollinWithaK
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '13 Golf Mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahard48 View Post
Looks great, the car has really transformed.
Thanks, I just didn't like the look of the base rabbit and I really wanted to face lift it. Still got a few more things I wanna do.
KollinWithaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 PM   #17
shifterD
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf GTI
Looks great man, nice!
shifterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #18
KollinWithaK
Go Kart Newbie

So small and quick update.
I finally got around to installing those small bumper covers that cover where the headlight washer jets go. I just used epoxy and set them in and let them dry. Unfortunately one got loose and I lost it on the road somewhere. Spent like two weeks asking around for another one and no one has the proper one, and the shop I bought the bumper from can't provide just the one piece. So I said f' it, went full send and I'm having my friend CAD model and 3D print me a new piece instead.

Other than that I got some Spyder headlights, and they look nice and all, I don't have the seal problem where water gets in like a lot of people have, but they weren't plug and play and were a huge pain in the ass trying to get properly working. Finally found someone who is Vagcom capable and after about an hour and a half of playing around we finally got them working properly. I was having an issue where the LED DRL's would work fine, then you turn the headlights on, and the halogen bulb, the LED DRL's and the LEDs on the bumper would all turn on, but after about 5 seconds, all the LEDs would flicker, and then shut off and it would throw a headlight code.

Also ended up having to drive basically 7 hours to my parents house to have someone clear my airbag code. I got lucky on a long weekend visiting and found a guy locally on facebook. This was before I found the local guy who could do Vagcom tuning.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #19
KollinWithaK
Go Kart Newbie

Also, here's an updated photo album. If someone wants to tell me what they use to embed photos that'd be great cause I know I hate clicking on links to look at photos and would rather just look at them in the thread.

https://imgur.com/a/CyfNJ

One last thing is some things I'd like to get done soon. Some things I've got on my list are CF rear valence, dual exit exhaust, USP downpipe, some kind of intake, different wheel and tire package, going up to 18's like I should've done in the first place, badge-less grill, CF hood with notch filled. Some interior things as well, like trying to fix my headliner (its become detached where it meets with the sunglass holder), rear seat removal, upgraded sound system, maybe a steering wheel. A bit hesitant on the steering wheel because I don't know how the airbag thing will react with the computer so we'll see.

End wall of text.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #20
smanierre
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by KollinWithaK View Post
Also, here's an updated photo album. If someone wants to tell me what they use to embed photos that'd be great cause I know I hate clicking on links to look at photos and would rather just look at them in the thread.

https://imgur.com/a/CyfNJ

One last thing is some things I'd like to get done soon. Some things I've got on my list are CF rear valence, dual exit exhaust, USP downpipe, some kind of intake, different wheel and tire package, going up to 18's like I should've done in the first place, badge-less grill, CF hood with notch filled. Some interior things as well, like trying to fix my headliner (its become detached where it meets with the sunglass holder), rear seat removal, upgraded sound system, maybe a steering wheel. A bit hesitant on the steering wheel because I don't know how the airbag thing will react with the computer so we'll see.

End wall of text.
On imgur when looking at the photo it should have a direct link on the side. Something like https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah. Take that link and put it inside an [.IMG] tag (no . in there, just using it so it doesn't get picked up as a tag). Example [.IMG]https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah[./IMG]
Old 04-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #21
vex
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI
Looks good man. Love the R bumper.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #22
KollinWithaK
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
On imgur when looking at the photo it should have a direct link on the side. Something like https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah. Take that link and put it inside an [.IMG] tag (no . in there, just using it so it doesn't get picked up as a tag). Example [.IMG]https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah[./IMG]
I don't know why I didn't realize I could ember imgur, thanks. I'll try it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Looks good man. Love the R bumper.
Thanks man. I hated the stock rabbit bumper, and wanted a bit more, and here we are lol
Old 06-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #23
KollinWithaK
Go Kart Newbie

Looking to overhaul the look of the car once again. Trying not to go full rice here (but honestly who cares), I'm thinking RSR R701's in 18x8.5, either a CF Spoiler or a gloss black spoiler, a new rear valence because the stock flat black plastic piece is boring, notch filled carbon fiber hood, and lastly the badge-less grill with red stripe to match the headlight stripe that I have. Also with the new valence, I'll be going back to the exhaust shop to have an X-pipe put in and having the pipes routed to the valence exits.

Lots of carbon which unfortunately = lots of money, but I'm going full send on trying to be show car status. Also gonna look into interior mods such as a steering wheels, seats, speakers, and maybe some trunk work. I also have a problem with my head liner coming down around the sunglass holder so I'm gonna look into possibilities with that.

I also need to look into some camber possibilities so if anyone's got ideas on that let me know. I need to adjust just a few degrees so I quit rubbing when I take a corner to fast. Lastly, gonna check out getting a spacer for the 02 sensor on the exhaust so I can de-cat. Debating the USP test pipe as well, got a local buddy who has it.

Last move after all that exterior work is a wrap. Already talked to a few shops and have a color picked out, just need to pick the time to do it now.

Last edited by KollinWithaK; 06-08-2018 at 05:43 PM.
KollinWithaK is offline   Reply With Quote