GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
I'll keep my eye out for deals on Koni dampers and GTI springs/swaybars! I don't care too much for slamming my car, just prefer better and stiffer handling :) The bounce is driving me crazy going over bumps in the roads here.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'll keep my eye out for deals on Koni dampers and GTI springs/swaybars! I don't care too much for slamming my car, just prefer better and stiffer handling :) The bounce is driving me crazy going over bumps in the roads here.
GTA frost heaves or you hit a giant pot hole.

My friend works for the city and there is a huge number of people filing to claim damages for bent wheels. They ain't settling tho, idiots running too low profile winter setups.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
....As a side note. The front sway I recommend having someone else do as it is not easy without a lift and the alignment needs to be done anyway. That's why so many people don't swap out the front sway. It's expensive for what seems easy. Don't let anyone on the forums tell you it's easy because it is not. Trust me if I paid someone to do it it's not easy and I researched it a ton and had all the parts to do it myself and said nope after hearing again and again "if I knew then what I know now I would have paid someone to do it."
IMO Front sway not needed unless you track / autocross / time attack, it's need more as a camber control during hard cornering, to keep the wheel upright, to get the power down at the same time. It took me hours and $ for all the subframe TTY bolts you have to replace, just to install the front sway bar.

....I am wrestling with this same issue with installing my new valve springs. I know how to do it and have the means to do it but doing it with the head still on the car is a risky proposition. A risk I would take if this weren't my daily driver. So then it's well why not get a buddy pull the head and upgrade the whole valvetrain and do the timing chain while I'm at it...
Stop worrying about it, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

You do know that good low mile 2.5 replacement engines can be bought for very little $$.

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Kanyechest I Have a set of used GTI suspension if wanted. Was told it has just under 20k miles on them. Got them in a deal with a GTI catback and never used myself.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hes selling the pflow filter with the carbino intake for 250, not the pflow intake it self.
All the same I'll put it on Kajiji for that. You can't get a new P-Flo into Canada for less than $350 all in.

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
So i finally got some time off work( worked the past 16 days without a day off). And decided it was time to do some maintenance.

Guess what im finally getting around to doing.

Anyways im at 112k miles (180k km) so i decided to do something simple and swap the coils and spark plugs and it was def time

And the new units im putting in. Out with the oem in with the new.

Also decided to check my map sensor and throttle body for cleaning. And yep as i knew already from the code my map was covered in oil. Cleaned it and then saw the throttle body and decided for another day.

Also what do you guys recommend for cleaning this dirty throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So i finally got some time off work( worked the past 16 days without a day off). And decided it was time to do some maintenance.

Also what do you guys recommend for cleaning this dirty throttle body?
Use Throttle Boddy Cleaner or for stronger stuff Carb Medic.

From your pictures of the spark plugs, the plugs have a white coating on the electrodes, looks kinda suspicious, are you having to add coolant ???

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Use Throttle Boddy Cleaner or for stronger stuff Carb Medic.

From your pictures of the spark plugs, the plugs have a white coating on the electrodes, looks kinda suspicious, are you having to add coolant ???

For the 8 or 9 months ive had the car and going from summer to winter to summer again i havent had to add any but my oil change is due here in 1k miles so ill go over everything again then. Ill probably do the pcv valve at the same time cause im sure its still the original one.

Ill pull the spark plugs again then and inspect them.
I laid out the coils and the spark plugs in order i removed them as if you were looking at the engine bay with the hood open so i can reference any additional tells from spark plugs.

My thinking is if it shows again in 1k miles on the same spark plugs the gasket may be starting to go and have to be replaced.

As for the throttle body ill have to go out and grab a can of the cleaner. All i have is a tiny bit of carb cleaner left anyways that really isn’t enough for anything.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I hope it isn't serious, keep us posted.

If I were you I would order up the manifold gaskets as well.

Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
For the 8 or 9 months ive had the car and going from summer to winter to summer again i havent had to add any but my oil change is due here in 1k miles so ill go over everything again then. Ill probably do the pcv valve at the same time cause im sure its still the original one.

Ill pull the spark plugs again then and inspect them.
I laid out the coils and the spark plugs in order i removed them as if you were looking at the engine bay with the hood open so i can reference any additional tells from spark plugs.

My thinking is if it shows again in 1k miles on the same spark plugs the gasket may be starting to go and have to be replaced.

As for the throttle body ill have to go out and grab a can of the cleaner. All i have is a tiny bit of carb cleaner left anyways that really isn’t enough for anything.

What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.

Not entirely sure. I got this a while back when it was on sale.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/ignition-service-kit/06e905115ek5cl/

Ill dig through my recycle bin and see if i cant find the boxes they came in.