GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Old 05-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #603
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
2+? that mofo has a k04 in that thing. Do people still own mk6's and not have a k04? crazy. I would have dumped it a long time ago.
*raises hand*

I have a '13 Mk6 with ~80k on it now and it's never even been tuned, much less K04'd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
how do you judge who wins
Yeah going against the gf? No way she plays fair. She just has to drop the boob card and #bonuspoints
Old 05-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #604
dustbunny227
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: MK6 UG GTI
Quote:
Impromptu burger challenge last night with the gf... She made a kind of traditional burger with onions mixed in, cheese in the center. I made a really spicy burger with onion jalapeno, montreal steak seasoning, and garlic.

I won this round. Tied up 1-1 now. This weekend we're doing nashville hot chicken sandwiches. Wish me luck.
My wife and I do that all the time. I blame Chopped on the food network and the fact that we are very competitive lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Instagram
dustbunny227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #605
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
*raises hand*

I have a '13 Mk6 with ~80k on it now and it's never even been tuned, much less K04'd....

Quote:
Yeah going against the gf? No way she plays fair. She just has to drop the boob card and #bonuspoints
She's pretty fair about it and can admit defeat. Plus if she pulls a boob out because she's losing, the competition is over for the night but I still win
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #606
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2018 VW AllTrack
Burgers + Boobies FTW.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #607
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2000 Saturn SC1
I actually dont care for places like that^

i prefer my boobs and burgers separate .

titled kilt meh, hooters even more meh.

#burgies
Old 05-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #608
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Burgers + Boobies FTW.
I Prefer GUNZ, BUNZ and MEAT

because #assman
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
Quote:
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #609
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #610
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
I actually dont care for places like that^

i prefer my boobs and burgers separate .

titled kilt meh, hooters even more meh.

#burgies
Eh.... I think it can depend.

I haven't been impressed by Tilted Kilt, their food is "meh" and so far the two locations I've been to, the girls attitude sucks.

Hooters can be hit or miss. Hooters wings have a taste uniquely their own, and I like them.

When my buddy's (now ex-) wife worked for the Hooters in Crystal Lake (which has since been torn down for a CFA), it was a fun time. All the girls there were fun... they'd come up, shoot the shit, flirt, whatever - but they were all actually cool chicks you'd want to hang out with. They could dish it out just as well as they could take it.

As she (and her circle of friends) moved on (graduated college, moved into real jobs, etc.) and the next "generation" came through, it sucked. Buddy's ex-wife would go back on occasion on the weekends to pick up a quick shift and make a few bucks and even she hated it.

Said all the waitresses would hide in the back and bitch about the customers. "OMG that customer was looking at my butt". They'd treat each customer with an eyeroll, etc. Just bad attitudes all round by the servers. It's not a surprise that location eventually went under.

Nobody wants their wings and beer to be served by a snotty eyerolling bitch.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #611
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Eh.... I think it can depend.

I haven't been impressed by Tilted Kilt, their food is "meh" and so far the two locations I've been to, the girls attitude sucks.

Hooters can be hit or miss. Hooters wings have a taste uniquely their own, and I like them.

When my buddy's (now ex-) wife worked for the Hooters in Crystal Lake (which has since been torn down for a CFA), it was a fun time. All the girls there were fun... they'd come up, shoot the shit, flirt, whatever - but they were all actually cool chicks you'd want to hang out with. They could dish it out just as well as they could take it.

As she (and her circle of friends) moved on (graduated college, moved into real jobs, etc.) and the next "generation" came through, it sucked. Buddy's ex-wife would go back on occasion on the weekends to pick up a quick shift and make a few bucks and even she hated it.

Said all the waitresses would hide in the back and bitch about the customers. "OMG that customer was looking at my butt". They'd treat each customer with an eyeroll, etc. Just bad attitudes all round by the servers. It's not a surprise that location eventually went under.

Nobody wants their wings and beer to be served by a snotty eyerolling bitch.
LOL , sig-worthy quote there
Quote:
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #612
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Yeah I haven't been to either in many years. Always thought hooters wings were meh, didn't really get impressed by the skimpy outfit gimmick either. If a girl is attractive she's going to be attractive with or without a skimpy outfit that isn't skimpy by todays standards.

Tilted kilt has meh food, only been there twice. One time was with a client that insisted we go there. He was being completely inappropriate and treating it like it was a strip club. Told him a few times to tone it down. I haven't been that embarrassed to be sitting with someone pretty much ever. Would have left if it were my friends but it was a client so I had to sit through it. Ended up apologizing to the waitress and gave her a damn near 100% tip for having to deal with that bs.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #613
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Yeah I haven't been to either in many years. Always thought hooters wings were meh, didn't really get impressed by the skimpy outfit gimmick either. If a girl is attractive she's going to be attractive with or without a skimpy outfit that isn't skimpy by todays standards.

Tilted kilt has meh food, only been there twice. One time was with a client that insisted we go there. He was being completely inappropriate and treating it like it was a strip club. Told him a few times to tone it down. I haven't been that embarrassed to be sitting with someone pretty much ever. Would have left if it were my friends but it was a client so I had to sit through it. Ended up apologizing to the waitress and gave her a damn near 100% tip for having to deal with that bs.
Wow, would've walked out. I have my morals.... Good on you for apologizing.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #614
RoyB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2015 Golf
We go to TK near my work for some lunch once in a while. I hate when the girls hang around us when we are obviously having conversation talking work. They should learn the phrase "be seen not heard." They always have nothing to say, but obviously want to jibber jabber about nothing to try and get a big tip. Just leave me alone and show me your tits. I don't care about your college degree or whatever you have to tell me for that fact.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #615
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2018 VW AllTrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
yeah man do not like it, i get some random crap that pops up on my facebook and what not. i turned off all those settings too, see below another odd thing on my fb

oh wow, that half try

So check this out... i dont post anything political on facebook cause chicagoland. Everytime i open facebook...my facebook feed flashes liberal stuff for half a second than vanishes. like a strobe light of liberal agenda , that subliminal messageing.

currently JB pritzer is popping up everywhere, using his money to buy that win via advertising. pops up on my pandora and youtube all the time.

i wouldnt be suprised if an amazon link for a possum stuffed animal popped up on my feed today

oh wow i wasnt the only one

goodmorning sir

dat autocross king

Here, after a good almost 10 page refreshes i was able to catch the flashed advertisement, it vanishes literally about .25 seconds after fb feed opens. Then you can never find the post. That sketchy ass FB yeah.

maybe i need to start googling for hot chicks more often so my fb feed is filled with hotties

edit: illinois is corrupt AF so i shouldve expected this yeah
JB Ad just played on my FB feed

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #616
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
JB Ad just played on my FB feed

Tags
#assman, aioli is not mayo, aioli=hipster mayo, boosted - vagking of chi, boosted = cole, boosted = f1 driver, boosted beat a 224hp wrx, boosted beat tanner foust, boosted cares., boosted is in a bad mood, boosted is not a troll, boosted is very rich, boosted lives in elgin, boosted lives matter, boosted off market, boosted tags only, boosted watches doges, boosted&redrocket=love, free my ninja boosted, i'm with kap, its not your fault