GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage3+ Golf R vs K04 Gti

Stifun

Ready to race!
A K04 GTI traps 110MPH +..... hell i trapped 105 at stage 2 (IHI)

I am certain with the new revision on APR Stage 2+ Golf R's they will too trap over 110mph pretty easily. A guy already trapped over 110mph in his Stage 2 Golf R before the new revision that has more power. ;)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
I wouldn't say that... I've pulled on several high end cars but i have never had the chance to go up against any mk6 k03 or 4

A little insight to what's coming soon to the FSI platform:

In general a TSI K04 would eat an FSI K04 for breakfast... But tuning companies are starting to improve the top end on the FSI platform. With the use of Golf R MAP sensors and R8 PRV's, combined with a custom tune, ~330 FSI rod-safe WHP is achievable on less than 23psi, without a water/meth setup for race gas files. As for torque, only 320. Oh, and we don't need those expensive S3 injectors anymore :happyanim:

The TSI with its better flowing head, stronger internals, and adequate stock fueling can handle obsceeeene amounts of bottom end torque.. Which, unless you have at least an LSD is hardly useful :(. But in terms of top end, i.e., 4k+ revs, the FSI's are up there with the TSI. Which is good. Because us FSI guys were always left out lol.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
The TSI with its better flowing head, stronger internals, and adequate stock fueling can handle obsceeeene amounts of bottom end torque..

Since we were discussing a KO4 GTI vs an R, doesnt the R have stronger internals than the GTI? That was my understanding based upon reading, thus shouldn't the R be able to handle more HP without upgrading the internals?

I'm new to the R but beside a couple hundred more pounds shouldnt a stage 2+ R be roughly similar to the KO4 GTI? They have the same turbo so one shouldnt be dramatically better than the other aside from the necessity of the HPFP upgrade on the R.

I'm not trying to argue, I really dont know for sure just looking to clarify.

JP

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I am certain with the new revision on APR Stage 2+ Golf R's they will too trap over 110mph pretty easily. A guy already trapped over 110mph in his Stage 2 Golf R before the new revision that has more power. ;)

Well the K04 GTI's has actually Trapped as high as 120mph and 117mph GIAC / AWE.... They were the only ones to do it I surely can't hit that.. But a K04 TSI wil trap Anywhere from 110-113mph. But yes that new file from APR looks great!! Unitronic's does too. But with the added weight and drivetrain loss of AWD I don't see a stock Turbo (K04) Golf R ever pulling a K04 GTI from a roll. That is running properly or driven properly. Off the line it's a completely different story we would get walked

Stifun

Ready to race!
Well the K04 GTI's has actually Trapped as high as 120mph and 117mph GIAC / AWE.... They were the only ones to do it I surely can't hit that.. But a K04 TSI wil trap Anywhere from 110-113mph. But yes that new file from APR looks great!! Unitronic's does too. But with the added weight and drivetrain loss of AWD I don't see a stock Turbo (K04) Golf R ever pulling a K04 GTI from a roll. That is running properly or driven properly. Off the line it's a completely different story we would get walked

I happen to agree taht from a roll the R will get beat. But, I don't think it will be a bad kill. I think it will be a lot closer than what you might think. :)

TooPoor1

DJunited's videos aren't UM or new APR or even DM tunes... A UM tune with LC and NLS will absolutely MURDER a K04 GTI until high speeds MAYBE. Not to mention on 100oct w/ APR's new 2+ tune (100oct) will put down over 400lbft WTQ and DM's E47 tune can do the same on a conservative tune... I've had a MKV stg2+ and I can't imagine a TSI K04 pulling any newer tuned R... ;) /endtrollingonMK6board/

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
DJunited's videos aren't UM or new APR or even DM tunes... A UM tune with LC and NLS will absolutely MURDER a K04 GTI until high speeds MAYBE. Not to mention on 100oct w/ APR's new 2+ tune (100oct) will put down over 400lbft WTQ and DM's E47 tune can do the same on a conservative tune... I've had a MKV stg2+ and I can't imagine a TSI K04 pulling any newer tuned R... ;) /endtrollingonMK6board/

If thinking that a greatly heavier car with inferior engine and a lot more diff losses is going to pull on a car with similar (practically more) power from a roll..

then whatever makes you happy, keep thinking that :)

The Stage 2+ R is a nice car, but let's get realistic here.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

Why would it need UM tune when the R i raced is dsg? We're also talking roll races. And what about 100oct and e47? Do you want to compare a gti vs an R with similar mods running the same tune or you wanna compare an R running 100oct/e47 to a gti running 93?

TooPoor1

Now I have to trade in my inferior car for a GTI. I didn't realize what a weak, poorly made, pig my R was... Thank you for showing me the err of my ways :rolleyes:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Now I have to trade in my inferior car for a GTI. I didn't realize what a weak, poorly made, pig my R was... Thank you for showing me the err of my ways :rolleyes:

It's called "aftermarket modification". I know many non-car guys that buy the higher model to brag then they find out about "aftermarket modification" and get disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

TooPoor1

Seriously? Do you even know what I have done to my car or the GTI's I have owned in the past? I don't recall putting that info anywhere. But please, educate me on modifying cars. And if you think the R is top of the line... well how did you put it earlier, "whatever makes you happy." I'm glad you think my DD is 'top of the line.'