GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified question

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Ok so I am going to go stage 1 with stratified.....this may seem like a dumb question but I want to be sure I don't mess anything up. When ordering, do you have to purchase the tune in addition to the accesport? The reason I ask is because when you click "Stage 1" it says you get a $50 credit towards the tune....and so I am confused because I thought it comes loaded on the accessport when you purchase it.

Also, for those of you who have gone this route, how long did it take to receive?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You get the cobb tunes with the access port if you want straitifieds tune you need to buy this.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209_213&products_id=677

That is the access-port with a free tune from them(stratified) included.

You get the accessport in about a week. Then you get your tune usually a few days later. depending on how busy they are.

I bought mine early on from them on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning i received the AP on Saturday and i had the tune on Thursday. I think they are running a little more behind but you should get your tune in like 1-2 business weeks.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
You get the cobb tunes with the access port if you want straitifieds tune you need to buy this.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209_213&products_id=677

That is the access-port with a free tune from them(stratified) included.

You get the accessport in about a week. Then you get your tune usually a few days later. depending on how busy they are.

I bought mine early on from them on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning i received the AP on Saturday and i had the tune on Thursday. I think they are running a little more behind but you should get your tune in like 1-2 business weeks.

Thanks! I just placed the order! I cant wait for it to arrive :)

Does the accesport have to be plugged into the car at all times? Or can you just flash the car and leave it at home?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

Does the accesport have to be plugged into the car at all times? Or can you just flash the car and leave it at home?

You can flash and leave it at home. I purchased a windshield mount for mine off Amazon so I can monitor a couple of things. It's also helpful as a quick diagnostic tool to read codes.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

You can flash and leave it at home. I purchased a windshield mount for mine off Amazon so I can monitor a couple of things. It's also helpful as a quick diagnostic tool to read codes.
what stock-gti said is correct.

You only need it plugged in when you flash the car otherwise you dont ever need it unless you wanna use it in gauge mode.

I have a windshield mount and keep it in gauge mode on 3 gauges.
1. Boost
2. Engine temp(coolant)
3. Oil Temp

I also have a mechanical boost gauge that i have had since before the cobb AP.

Korydogg

Ready to race!

what stock-gti said is correct.

You only need it plugged in when you flash the car otherwise you dont ever need it unless you wanna use it in gauge mode.

I have a windshield mount and keep it in gauge mode on 3 gauges.
1. Boost
2. Engine temp(coolant)
3. Oil Temp

I also have a mechanical boost gauge that i have had since before the cobb AP.

Thanks! If its mounted to the windshield do you have it to the left or right?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks! If its mounted to the windshield do you have it to the left or right?
stole this pic from someone else because i didnt wanna snap one right now.
but like this.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
stole this pic from someone else because i didnt wanna snap one right now.
but like this.

Thanks much! I don't know if I like it there to be honest. I would rather have it lower somehow....maybe next to the center consol to the left of the HVAC controls. I don't know how I would do this but that's what I'm thinking.

Where did you get your mount?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks much! I don't know if I like it there to be honest. I would rather have it lower somehow....maybe next to the center consol to the left of the HVAC controls. I don't know how I would do this but that's what I'm thinking.

Where did you get your mount?
If you want it lower look into the angled mount from pro clip. I've been using their mount for my phone for awhile now and really like it. No vibrating or creaking.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie