GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kenwood DDX419 Review

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
Yesterday I had my factory radio replaced with a Kenwood DDX419 in-dash unit. Right off the bat I could tell that the sound clarity and quality was greatly improved. The factory speakers sounded like they really came to life!! I was able to have all my steering wheel controls hooked up to work with the new radio and hooked up a reverse camera as well. I had the microphone for bluetooth phone calls installed in the upper part of the A pillar. So far the best part is that i can control all my iPod songs, pandora channels, garmin navigation and netflix movies right from the touch screen! Overall this is an awesome upgrade and made my commute time a lot more enjoyable. :happyanim:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Mobile_Video/DDX419

click on the VIDEOS tab to see the radio functions in use.

squashbear

Microphone position?

Hi - where did you have the microphone positioned? Did it go in front of the rear view mirror or have you tapped in to the factory fitted microphone in the interior light cluster above your head?

Let us know a longer term "living with it" review.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Yeah where did you put the mic exactly? Can you post a pic?

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
This radio is amazing. The stock speakers sound great. Using pandora or my ipod and being able to control it all through the touch screen kicks ass. And i love having all my steering wheel controls working. I know they used a cable from PAC to integrate the controls...

I had the mic put in the pillar. So far everyone has said the calls sound perfectly clear even with the moon roof popped open a bit.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
Do you still still accept calls through your MFD? or steering wheel

I accept them through the steering wheel. When i'm making a call i have to use the actual touch screen but my whole phonebook and speed dials transferred right over.