GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Xenon D1S Bulb Review

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
deautokey, I'm assuming the 5,500K xenon bulbs will match the deautokey LED fog light kit correct?

Also, were you able to get the bulbs in without removing anything in the engine bay?

You should be able to install without removing anything.

They should match nicely with the fogs but it won't be 100%

HavanaNights5611

Passed Driver's Ed
You should be able to install without removing anything.

They should match nicely with the fogs but it won't be 100%

Will they be coming out soon? I want to purchase new light bulbs with no error for my current headlights but that are brighter

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Will they be coming out soon? I want to purchase new light bulbs with no error for my current headlights but that are brighter

Yes, email Support@deAutoLED.com - intro price is $149.99 - they can get you setup with a discount and ship it out in a few days.

Thank you

Phur

Autocross Champion
What is the color temperature of the stock hid bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a set. Installed my de360 fog lights last weekend. Holy crap are they bright! Hopefully the new xenon bulbs are a bit easier to install. Anyone have a DYI or video link?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a set. Installed my de360 fog lights last weekend. Holy crap are they bright! Hopefully the new xenon bulbs are a bit easier to install. Anyone have a DYI or video link?

That's exactly what I want to match, I'm assuming those de360 bulbs are 5,500K we would need the same for the D1S xenon bulbs.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
The de360 fogs are 5000k, but are also available in 6000k. The 5000k are very bight and white. No blue at all. I never realized how dull and yellow the stock xenon bulbs were. When I turn on my new fog lights now, they almost overpower the headlights. Not to mention how much whiter the light being emitted is in comparison with the stock xenons.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
From what I've read, they will probably be a little more bluish compared to the fog lights. Of course, by how much, who knows. I attempted to install the new deAutokey D1S bulbs this evening and gave up. Seriously, how is one supposed to get their hands inside the housing to do anything? My hands are relatively small (wear size medium gloves) and it is way too tight. I highly doubt VW technicians are struggling like this. There has to be an easier way. I even removed the screws as shown in this DIY http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78650 and the headlight only cants forward, not really giving any more room. I also don't fully understand the connector and how it's removed. OP states to "push in". I don't know, maybe I'm just mechanically challenged, but the engineering to change a simple bulb seems very difficult.