GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slew of codes, stuttering on acceleration.

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
Replaced sensor 1 this afternoon and cleared the CEL with my turn stalk via the APR program. Took it for a test ride and the idle seemed fine and stuttering seem to be gone and the CEL never came back on while driving. Turned the car off and back on and the CEL was lit up again.

Will have to look into the other O2 sensor now I guess... And find someone with VAGCOM to scan the car again.

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
Update. Before ordering a new rear o2 sensor, I got under the car and looked it over again to see if anything maybe came disconnected. And sure enough, the 3rd O2 sensor plug had come loose.

So the 1st sensor still needed to be replaced, so I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that. It fixed the misfires/stuttering/rough idle. The rear was simply unplugged so plugging it in cleared that code. The plugs and coils I replaced were probably fine, but the plugs were due anyway since they're at 83,000 miles but knowing how frequently the coils in these do go bad, $80 for a full new set of R8 coils is worth the peace of mind.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Car is running great again and hopefully this brings my MPG back up to normal. Time will tell on that but I still may look into a carbon cleaning. Is the 'Italian Tune Up" worth my time at all?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Update. Before ordering a new rear o2 sensor, I got under the car and looked it over again to see if anything maybe came disconnected. And sure enough, the 3rd O2 sensor plug had come loose.

So the 1st sensor still needed to be replaced, so I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that. It fixed the misfires/stuttering/rough idle. The rear was simply unplugged so plugging it in cleared that code. The plugs and coils I replaced were probably fine, but the plugs were due anyway since they're at 83,000 miles but knowing how frequently the coils in these do go bad, $80 for a full new set of R8 coils is worth the peace of mind.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Car is running great again and hopefully this brings my MPG back up to normal. Time will tell on that but I still may look into a carbon cleaning. Is the 'Italian Tune Up" worth my time at all?

Congrats on getting it fixed, and thanks for closing the loop. Always frustrating running in to helpful threads that never come to a conclusion.